My opinion on the new Soda changes

Options

Comments

• Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I do not want to be a part of this discussion and help feed some of this narrative but I do feel like briefly coming by, so here I go (with my personal views).

People see what they want to see. No matter how often I write and show myself in a transparent way, for people like @Anne_Martin it just doesn't seem to suffice. I get it. I've been doing what I do for 5 years now, in multiple games and companies all around the world and I take pride on having built amazing communities. Many of those, stay as such today as well.

@chandycade ,I also have a sociology background myself by the way! And yes, I am a male human being, with feelings indeed. There isn't any fake enthusiasm in being aware of what we do here. We build spaces for players of all around the world, millions even, they get together and they celebrate their passion for a game. A game that is built by a team of very passionate human beings as well. In the current world we live in, that has to mean something. So yes, I do find joy in what I do and I have no plans on stop doing so. I love my job, I love these games and I love their communities. Representing them internally is something I very proudly do. I know that the job comes with some difficult parts and some negativity here and there, but the pros really outweigh the cons.

Thanks @marscrushinit for really advocating for a more positive way of communicating with each other here, I'm sure it's only a matter of time and players like you helping others understand that you can provide constructive feedback while remaining positive and not attacking others.

Cheers to you all and, as @chandycade said, you can always open new threads and discuss things as you see fit. This place is yours :smile:.

Xarly
  • chandycade
    chandycade Posts: 15 Level 2
    Options
    Thank you, Xarly. In psychology, I learned about the "field of negativity", which basically provides the perfect breeding ground and it's so easy to kind of jump on that bandwagon especially with the anonymity the blogging provides. So, with that said, I'm really happy you like your job. I'm working hard toward that goal, myself. 
    Cheers cheers, 
    (Americans and our ways of emphasizing, lol)
    Chandy
  • Anne_Martin
    Anne_Martin Posts: 299 Level 4
    Options
    @pieter0000
    you say what I've been posting here for a month now. Activision claimed 2018 was a great year, yet they laid out 800 persons and are rigging the game every week!
    Well, they brought the quests back, at least.
    The point is that we, the players, are what makes the game valuable. If we stop, Activision loses its investment, and it was a big one.
    @Xarly,
    we loved this game. Now... well, the quests will help, but many levels are ridiculous. You know it, we all know it.  Why pretend it is great? I had half an hour of fun this morning, until I reached an ultra hard level, and now am rather fed up again.
    No one says it is your fault, but if you deal with the devil, don't expect a place in heaven.
    If you can give a honest answer, what got in their minds to want to take the quests away?
  • firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend
    Options
    Hi, guys, 😊 I am just jumping in here to tell you that since Monday we have the Ideas in Soda section of the Community. You are all very welcome to make your ideas so other players can vote for them. You can do it on the link below. Have a wonderful day 🤗

https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-soda-saga/categories/ideas-soda   
  • chandycade
    Options
    Thank you guys, it was nice to know I wasn't alone in my frustration and hear details regarding the game I'd never heard before. And @Peter, thanks for the post and @firebombmarkus, thank you for the link!👍 At least it gives us hope in thinking there might be a chance a vote can make a difference in this case. 
    Chandy
  • chandycade
    edited April 2019
    Options
     YOU JUST SUMMED UP THE **** I'VE NOTICED SINCE INITIALLY POSTING THIS THREAD. I got to the point where, "What? I know I'm an above decent player, but this is just SHADY." No Xarly is going to talk me down this time. No marscrushinit is going to sway me with making it a "happy place" (no offense to Mars, but maybe you should comment in "yay, I love this game" threads instead. I was so disappointed last night, no, pissed off actually, especially with LEVEL 2997. I have already used all boosters quite a few times to win, and usually ON THE LAST MOVE, it's a FAIL because that stupid last bottle won't pop up! Is it rigged? Well yes... OBVIOUSLY. Stupid algorithms. Good for you Pieter for deleting all your Candy games, I'm on my way (let me know if you know any other good ones that don't try to manipulate you into paying through the nose... [...]
    Chandy
  • chandycade
    Options
    I'd be cool with paying a minimal, I mean minimal monthly fee, to just have the Soda games that challenge in a more realistic way. I love the game because it's a healthy way to kind of escape, relieve stress, and get into a relaxed "zone". It's fun, unless you're not getting the satisfaction of the win. You know?
  • Anne_Martin
    Anne_Martin Posts: 299 Level 4
    Options
    @pieter0000, the race is even worse than what you wrote. If you win a race, or two {!!!}, the game will block you for a week or so in the next one. It has happened to me many times.
    @chandycade, I don't know what you call a nominal fee. Anyway, I don't trust Activision anymore, and to use a card on their site feels foolish.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?