Skill vs. the algorithm

It seems to me that as one advances in the game the balance between a player’s skill and the algorithm becomes, well, unbalanced.  I don’t consider myself an “expert” player—persistent might be a better description, and it seems to me that even some so-called easy levels require a combination of boosters and additional moves in order to complete.  That takes a lot of fun out of the game.  I enjoy challenging myself, but when one has skillfully combined special candies—multiple times—on a level and suddenly the moves dry up, it just isn’t fun.  If it happens once or twice, so be it,  But when it happens over multiple times over multiple days, it just isn’t fun.  
There was an article in the Wall Street Journal several years ago (April 7, 2015) about the design  of the game.  As I recall it said that a “hard” level might require as many as 50 attempts and an easy level 3-5.  I’m good with that, but it seems that isn’t the standard anymore.

Comments

• millstone
    millstone Posts: 1 Newbie
    It's called pay to win. You can play, and as the game progresses you will need additional resources to win. The resources required are gently increased to a point where the game play no longer provides those resources, meaning you will need to spend cash to obtain them. 

They make more money this way. 
  • candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    millstone said:
    It's called pay to win. You can play, and as the game progresses you will need additional resources to win. The resources required are gently increased to a point where the game play no longer provides those resources, meaning you will need to spend cash to obtain them. 

They make more money this way. 
    Oh I know that.  Was just trying to make the point that the game is more fun when you have to rely on skill rather than the generosity of the algorithm.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?