๐Ÿ† Show off your Soda skills, claim level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000 // 8000 // 9000 // 10 000 // 11 000 // 12 000 // 13 000 // 14 000

๐ŸŒˆ Let's celebrate our uniqueness! ๐ŸŒˆ

Options

Comments

• malikaleena
    malikaleena Posts: 502 Level 3
    Options

i am proud of my parents because they work so hard for me .

• klev8628
    klev8628 Posts: 219 Level 3
    Options

Showing Some love. Good Morning or Good night to whoever.

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 15,012 Soda Moderator
    edited June 2021
    Options

Thank you all for sharing your unique stories ๐Ÿ˜Š. We will announce the winners soon!

• LoveDachs
    LoveDachs Posts: 28,156 Level 5
    Options

@Yosca

Hi don't know if I am in time for the badge or not. I was in hospital for a week and even though I have been back home for a few days,... I am just now catching up with things on here including a ton of notifications.๐Ÿคช I am not eligible for the gold bars. Let me know and I will contribute to the discussion. Thank you my friend.โฃ๏ธ

• Yosca
    Options

Hi @LoveDachs Of course you can share your unique story ๐Ÿ˜Š to have that wonderful unique badge ๐Ÿ’›

• Anahita_2005
    Anahita_2005 Posts: 18,570 Level 5
    edited June 2021
    Options

Hi @Yosca! Such an interesting discussion!

I've always been proud my aunt (my fathers elder sister).โค๏ธ She is the one who took care of me when my mother passed away. She has suffered so much in life and has achieved a lot. During her PhD days she was diagnosed cervical because to write her thesis she used to be up at nights. And other than this at that time death of her elder sister suddenly hit the family. So because of that she couldn't get much time for her own studies. In her job days many people used to take credit of her work. She was also not liked by many people because of her nature of being bold and speaking her mind. She has been and is part of many foreign universities of USA, Africa, Thailand & South Korea. She is also a Vice President at IHRAC (International Human Rights Advisory Council) and Ambassador of GGAHRP (Global Goodwill Ambassador for Human Rights and Peace). She holds many other significant achievements, but I'm gonna list all those otherwise it would be a page long post.

Edit: I posted this message 2 days back...don't know why it appeared now ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

• LoveDachs
    Options

@Yosca

Hi, I am back as promised.๐Ÿค— I was going to write about my life experiences with so many different types of animals and I have been told by many that I am a "cat whisperer"๐Ÿˆ.But decided to write about my Mom as I wouldn't be the person I am today if not for her.โฃ๏ธ

I lost my Father at age 5, and since I was an only child, it was just my Mom and me on our own. After my Father's death my Mother fell into a deep depression and to this day I remember not being able to understand why she said and did some of the things that she did. It was rough and took years for life to be somewhat normal, but she did it and she did it for me.

We didn't have a big family except for my 2 Aunt's..my Mom's stepsisters, and their Mother, my grandmother. Yes they were the proverbial evil stepsisters and my Grandmother was not much better. My Mom knew that if she didn't get better that they were planning to try to steal me away through the courts.

So my Mother turned her life around, got help that she needed and we started a new life. It wasn't that she wasn't taking good care of me before, it was just that on the outside people assumed that since her nerves were so bad that she couldn't be taking care of me properly...but she was.

When she was better, it was through her that my love of animals blossomed. I would watch her tend to a wounded and homeless cat and many others that we took in. We even talked about me becoming a Veterinarian, but sadly at that time her physical health declined, so it was put on the back burner so to speak. Her health never really returned and I spent many years taking care of her as she had me. My dream never became a reality but she taught me early on to love all living things, to respect others' and to be a good person. I also learned not to judge a book by its cover, you never really know what someone else is going through and shouldn't assume anything.. without proof. Thank you Mom for making me who I am today... unique or not.

• deb424
    deb424 Posts: 24 Level 2
    Options

Oh wow, I missed entering for this badge by 2hrs and 32mins. Lol. Im still learning about this community and how to get around. Learned you better stop in here daily. I not worried about not getting the badge. But, i would like to state something i that i am blessed to be able to even tell.. I'll try and make it simple. I have worked all my life either as some form of management or remolding business.2013 i was about to turn 50yrs old. I live in my own mobile home with my 3 dogs. A company bought the land that i was renting from. Everyone had to move. I didn't have that type of money to move the home. We were given 30 days. My dogs and i became homeless in a van until my van broke down. (Just to let you know this is all documented. I became well known). I was lost and so scared i didn't know what to do. I couldn't go to a shelter with 3 dogs. Long story shortened. My dogs and i live in a tent for 2 1/2 yrs always outside. You never know what your made of until you face some of your most difficult challenges. Yes you might think im crazy for not giving my dogs up and going into a place. But, for me i just don't give up on the things i love. Now, i have advocated to get dogs into shelters. I have been on 2 city council for years now that tries to solve how to get the homeless housed. The challenges and obstacles to overcome. That is if you make it. A lot don't. Many die out there. I have been blessed. I even became a CHW. Community Health Worker. I have to say my babies did thier job too. I was never hurt where i was because of them. And i didn't let people get to know them and still don't. I don't live in the best part of town. Anyway my uniqueness is never giving up, never giving up on hope,courage to push through to what i wanted back. I'm saying all this because; we all have what makes us us. Good ,bad,and can be ugly. But, if you look you can find the beauty of what that experience showed you and what you are really made of. One more thing. This community is Awesome. What a unique place this is......Glad i found it. Bye. That pic is of the campsite right before i was getting out and into a house.

• Yosca
    Options

Hi @LoveDachs and @deb424

You are certainly entitled to the badge, and it can also be found in your profile. How wonderful is animal love; they give you their loyalty and sincere love ๐Ÿ˜Š. Thank you for sharing your uniqueness โค๏ธ

• LoveDachs
    Options

Thank you @Yosca โฃ๏ธ

Already received the badge, love it and thank you for accepting late entry.๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜‰

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?