• namal_butt_01
    namal_butt_01 Posts: 1,935 Level 4
    Options
  • fabke
    fabke Posts: 3,970 Pro Player 👑
    Options

Thanks @Nix66

The United States has Veterans Day.

The day is called jour du Souvenir or jour de l'Armistice in France and Wallonia.

Armistice Day is a national holiday in Belgium, France and Serbia. In Belgium, since 1922, every year on this day, in the presence of the King, the armistice ceremony has been held at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, first to commemorate the victims of the First World War, then also those of the Second World War. World War and all other wars in the world.

• CassD
    CassD Posts: 18,516 Level 5
    Options

Hi @Nix66 and @fabke. We have two minutes' silence at 11:00 on 11 November each year to remember those who served, followed by Remembrance Sunday with poppies being worn. Having been to Verdun in France where so many died and seeing the fields full of poppies is a truly unforgettable sight.

My husband is a Royal Naval veteran.

• me6412
    me6412 Posts: 9,512 Pro Player 👑
    Options

Happy Veterans Day to all who have served many of my friends and family included and those from our Community...."We will never walk in your boots, never understand your courage, we will never forget your sacrifice, let us never forget to say Thank you !" ...

with all my heart I Thank you

me6412 aka david

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?