game keeps saying I am not connected io internet even thou I am.

Options
Jesusfan
Jesusfan Posts: 2 Newbie

When I try to collect lives from friends it says oops some thing went wrong try again later.

Thanks for your help.

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,676 Level 5
    Options

I have the same thing, too.

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator
    Options

Hello @Jesusfan @Havish

Sorry to hear about this. Let's check first if troubleshooting helps

• check for Soda and device updates
    • check that your device has at least 2 GB of free storage
    • provided you have a King account to save your progress try to log out- close game - clear cache* - restart device - open game - log in and pass any level to make sure you reconnected to the server
    • you might need to repeat the steps above 3-4 times

*depending on the type of the device you can clear cookies/cache of your device or cache of Soda app directly (Android). More info here. Be careful not to click "clear data" which deletes your boosters

Let me know if it works 🙂

• Jesusfan
    Jesusfan Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

Pitty-Kitty I have tried to do what you said but it did not work. I can play the game but have to wait for lives. May be it will just fix it self. I will play candy crush jelly. Thank you for trying to help me.😍

• Pitty_Kitty
    Options

Hello @Jesusfan

Thank you for reporting back 🙌

If it didn't work then it'd be helpful to have more info. Do you play on app? Browser?

What does your error message look like? Do you mind sharing a screenshot?

Do you see a red band saying "there was a connection error, try again in a bit" when you visit your profile settings?

Enjoy your Jelly 🤗

• Risu123
    Risu123 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

I have this same issue, with that red band and no connection, although my WiFi works fine. Team is missing, no rewards etc. This has been the situation quite many days already. I followed Your instructions, but it didn't help.

• Pitty_Kitty
    Options

Hello @Risu123 , welcome to Soda community 😀

In that case, I can suggest you try this trick to see if it works, it helped me once

• force close the app (or make sure it's not running in the background)- switch off your internet connection - start the app but don't click "play" yet - switch on internet connection- then click "play"

If this doesn't work then the remaining option is uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

This type of error may be caused by various reasons and it often signals the app got corrupted.

In this state, your game is offline: you can't play normally and make purchases. You can't contact Player Support directly from your app so they can't look into it.

Unfortunately, uninstalling the app will delete all your boosters (they're saved locally on your device) and recent progress you made while being offline due to this problem. If you have a King/ Facebook account, you'll be able to retrieve all the gold bars and progress you made before this problem arised.

If you purchased items but you didn't use them, you may try asking Player Support for a replacement.

To contact Player Support: open soda app - visit settings- click "?" Icon- visit "gold bars and purchases"- "why haven't I received my prize"- scroll down and click "contact us". Explain your problem and send.

Items obtained for free in the game can't be refunded as per terms and conditions of the game. More info here.

It's not ideal at all but it will allow you to play normally again. 🙂

• Risu123
    Risu123 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

Thank You for your advice. I had to uninstall the app and then reload it. Now I'm on board again, thanks!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?