How would you like to add your friends to your game?

Options

Comments

• CassD
    CassD Posts: 18,516 Level 5
    Options
    Clicking on avatar

I was undecided between the code and avatar. However, as the code is only usually valid for 24 hours, and as players live in many different timezones, I decided in favour of the avatar option.

• MountainMom
    MountainMom Posts: 10,677 Friends Moderator
    Options
    Clicking on avatar

I have made many "friends" who were randomly assigned so I dont know anything about them other than their avatar and username. I would like to be able to add them. I would not be able to do that if I had to know their email address or some other private information.

• Terri_1
    Terri_1 Posts: 2,482 Level 4
    Options
  • Yoplaaaa
    Yoplaaaa Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

Hello, j aurais besoin de code pour ajouter des amis, un tout grand merci

• Kerrie
    Kerrie Posts: 2,140 Level 4
    Options
    Suggested friends

@Pitty_Kitty loved what you had to say! I also have a lot to say.

The code being good for 1 week would be so MUCH EASIER and less confusing!!!👍

I like to click on Avatars, it's easy but...the only places I know where you see avatars is the 4 other people in your race or scrolling back through the map to find someone new. One's not many people and the other is very time consuming. There might be another way that I'm not aware of. I like the symbol idea suggested by Pitty_Kitty.

I voted for suggested friends so I wouldn't have to spend so much time finding people to ask.

Would like to see something easy to use and available so everyone can ask for friends. All players who aren't a level 3 can't post links. I can't even ask people to be friends in CC because...I haven't been around long enough... to post the link it gives me to ask people! 🤔That makes no sense to me.🤔

*I don't know if I'm doing/did something wrong or if this new system doesn't work on Android? I haven't received any friend requests in Soda. Got only 2 in CC when the buttons weren't working and nothing since then. I started keeping track of number of friends I have and number sent out to see if it's working.

• greddycandy
    greddycandy Posts: 12,429 Level 5
    Options
    Clicking on avatar

Hi @LadyRaffie I definitely voted I think its a great idea! Im even thinking of different ways to do it!

Thanx for the tag @Nix66

• 1nonly
    1nonly Posts: 206 Level 3
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Other* Please explain (Use your imagination, everything is possible! )

i would like as many ways as possible, not just one way in case it doesn't work well for me.. can't know in advance what is best

quoting pitty kitty here:

• Add an icon/symbol on players' avatars who have not been sent a request yet. For example a little "+" symbol on a corner. This way players are aware or reminded that they can send friendship requests through avatars. This would be a good way to add "suggested players" but in my opinion it needs to be more visibile. I noticed most of the newbies on the community don't know this method.

it has been very hard to tell whether someone has been added using a code on the forum here due to commonplace names and forum/game names not matching.. ppl also need to be reminded to check their game mail in social to accept friend requests there

i would also like an easy count of the friends.. scrolling and counting is annoying.. just tell us how many there are

• Bricorn
    Bricorn Posts: 518 Level 3
    Options
    Other* Please explain (Use your imagination, everything is possible! )

Code number is fine, but copy/paste should be an option.

Also, it shouldn't expire in 24 hours, given that we've got players from all time zones, working out if it's still valid is hard.

Also 2, when it fails, please give a meaningful reason why.

• Nikolaos_Prodromidis
    Nikolaos_Prodromidis Posts: 5,521 Level 5
    Options
    Clicking on avatar

This is more user friendly! 😉

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?