Has anyone else noticed this?

Options
Johnny5salive
Johnny5salive Posts: 14 Level 2
edited July 2023 in Support

I introduced my brother to candy crush soda a while back and I was at his place the other day and he was showing me some "hack" he found in the game or something anyways, when he was showing me on his phone I noticed that he was able to get boosters and life's and extra moves by watching ads. I thought that they did away with that a long time ago??? I remember being able to watch ads for that stuff like 3 years ago but it went away, and I still don't get that option when I play and I have 2 different phones I play on. but for some reason he's able to get boosters by watching ads still to this day. Has anyone else noticed this or does anyone know anything about this? I would like to watch Ads again for free stuff.

Best Answer

Answers

• apeters4473
    apeters4473 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Yes. Started doing this again last week. Only for me it is very glitchy. I watch ads and rarely get the reward. I think it is just a way to get you to watch. But no rewards

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 15,125 Soda Moderator
    Answer βœ“
    Options

Hello @Johnny5salive

AD video is in a test group so we cannot say for sure that you will always find this feature. Sometimes the Game Studio switches the groups of players that can see advertisements. Also, in some cases, the video feature may be missing due to temporary issues. Also video ads are not always available and not found in all players' games or on all devices.

I myself have never had ads in my game for boosters and lives, playing since 2015 πŸ™ƒ Personally, I regret not having ads, because I believe that players with ads have more advantages in their game than others without ads.

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 15,125 Soda Moderator
    Options

Hello @apeters4473

Sorry to hear this. Please try troubleshooting: provided you saved your progress with a King account, log out of the game - clear the cache ->Β not dataΒ Β that will delete your boosters - power off your device for at least 1 minute - restart your device - check for game and device updates - log back into the game. Also make sure you have at least 2GB free memory storage to run the game smoothly and try to connect to a WiFi connection instead of using cellular data.

*Clear cache in Android: go to settings - tap on apps - tap on candy crush soda - tap on storage - tap on clear cache (not data❗️)

*Clear cache in iOS: go to settings - tap on Safari - tap on Clear history and website data

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?