New Update - lives. Like or Hate

Options

Comments

• segelj
    segelj Posts: 8 Level 2
    Options
    Has the new update ruined the game?

I absolutely hate this new way of awarding lives. Only one life a day? Seriously? We used to be able to count on a good half hour to an hour+ of gameplay. Now I only get minutes. As long as it takes to go through five lives. This is completely ruined for me. I don’t see the point in logging onto the game if I’m only going to be able to play for 10 minutes or so. I’ll spend money on extra boosters to make the game more fun and get through a tough level, but there’s no way I’m buying into this racket of paying for lives now. Once I’ve gone through my remaining boosters and gold bars, I’m done. After years of playing, Level 5,622. I’m so disappointed. I’ve downloaded other games I can do now instead. Way to go King, you nickel and dime the life out of it.

• FluffyDinosaur
    FluffyDinosaur Posts: 2,386 Community Manager
    Options

Hi everyone,

Firstly, thank you @ShirleySparkes for being a long-time player of Candy Crush Soda Saga and for your dedication to the game over the years. Your feedback is very valuable to us!

We understand that the recent updates have caused some confusion and frustration. At the moment we're collecting all the feedback from players and continuously working on balancing the game to make it fun and challenging for all our players.

Nonetheless, we highly value your opinion and I will pass your feedback to the game studio. It's feedback like yours that helps us to make the game better. We always strive to create a game that our players will enjoy, and we are sorry to hear that these changes have affected your enjoyment of the game.

We hope you reconsider your decision, but if not, we thank you for the time spent in our Soda Saga world and wish you all the best in your future gaming adventures 💗

And as a follow up question to everyone who is providing their feedback in this discussion, what changes would you like to see in order to improve how the Friendship System works for you?

• ShirleySparkes
    ShirleySparkes Posts: 25 Pro Player 👑
    edited July 2023
    Options

Thank you but I won't reconsider. The new update was the last straw. Like many others, I can't play as often as I did due to only being able to ask for 1 life at a time (and often not getting any), or waiting 2 and a half hours for 5 lives to regenerate, so I'm playing new games and losing interest in Soda Saga. I've spent enough on soda saga over the years for boosts, I'm not paying for lives as well. Might have been an easier update to stomach if you'd also updated the way lives regenerate, and made it 5 or 10 minutes like other games, instead of 30 minutes.

• kllg2
    kllg2 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

Absolutely hate

• NanaAnne
    NanaAnne Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Do you hate the new lives update?

PLEASE RECONSIDER THE RECENT CHANGES. YIU HAVE RUINED A GOOD GAME.

• Biancara
    Biancara Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

This update is a bad joke. All my lifes from friends are gone, can't ask my cake-team members for lifes anymore. Are there different updates? How can it be that some of my team members can still ask for lifes?

Asking friends for lifes - I got 2 until now. No answer to booster requests. Really funny. I'm at level 5359, this game was my favourite. But how play with the daily boosters when out of lifes???

• ShirleySparkes
    Options

It really sucks and the developers don't seem to be listening to us

• ShirleySparkes
    Options

Developers you're not listening to us. We hate the update. It's not a social game. Nobody chats. We're all leaving. You really messed up

• Ynkeecajun
    Ynkeecajun Posts: 29 Level 2
    Options

At the same time that soda changed the relationship / requesting lives fiasco my 200 gold bars magically disappeared overnight. I see what's going on here, King. I'm probably going to follow others who have left the game. Only sad part is I really love my team. We worked great together supporting each other. Now we can only really support each other with "chat". And the occasional gift of a life . . . . .

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?