๐Ÿ† Show off your Soda skills, claim level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000 // 8000 // 9000 // 10 000 // 11 000 // 12 000 // 13 000 // 14 000

[Ended] ๐ŸŽโœจ Tell us about a gift you've received! ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’

Options

Comments

• penken
    penken Posts: 746 Level 3
    Options

I have also received many gifts, but the best gift of all is the gift of His Son! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป I have received righteousness and forgiveness for all of my sins, past present and future all because I have been redeemed by the precious blood of my Savior, Jesus Christ John 3:16 ๐Ÿ’œโœ๏ธ

Romans 8:1

• MiladyR
    MiladyR Posts: 10,646 Level 5
    Options

It is so hard to just pick one gift -

• Every morning I open my eyes, Iโ€™m grateful for the gift of a new day.
    • My son and my husband are my greatest gifts.
    • This yearโ€™s biggest gift was my Jefferson Hospital stay in their headache clinic. For seven years I suffered with a headache or migraine every day. Since my Infusion Treatment in September, Iโ€™ve only had two migraines. I feel like Iโ€™m finally out of the fog and Iโ€™m a new person. So grateful!!!!
  • LoFiGummy
    LoFiGummy Posts: 1,159 Community Manager
    Options

Oh my god this thread is going to make me cry from all of the nice comments ๐Ÿ˜ญ this is truly the essence of the gifting games. Thank you all for sharing so far! ๐Ÿ’š

But also, @Werner_Cichy - I have to ask... what did the beer taste like!? ๐Ÿบ

I'm going to take some pictures of my gifts as well and share later too!

• Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 24,872 Sweet Legend
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hello and good post.

I was the German ambassador of the community and was finally able to visit my girlfriend, the Spanish ambassador of the community, after 3 years. That's a gift that really moved me. She gave me and my family each a homemade piece of jewelry. Me a self-made necklace. This means a lot to me. From my wonderful dear friend. The visit strengthened our friendship even more. Finally, after years, I was able to fly abroad again - Barcelona. We met here and worked together.

• rebelchild
    rebelchild Posts: 16,112 Level 5
    edited November 2023
    Options

All of the gifts I've read here are so touching.

I have received so many gifts in my lifetime. Everyday is a gift.

My aunt sent me a gift at Christmas one year that was very special to me. She sent me a card and a pamphlet that told me several sustaining animals were purchased in my name and sent to families in other countries who were struggling to survive. One family was given several pair of rabbits. These rabbits can reproduce and provide the family with meat and an income for selling the furs.

Another family was given chickens. Chickens lay eggs that can be eaten or sold. The chickens could be eaten. Their feathers ( the downy ones) could be used for stuffing in quilts or pillows.

Another family received honey bees. These bees helped to polinat crops and provide sweet honey to be consumed or sold. The wax could be used to make candles which could also be sold to help generate some income.

So instead of just giving families a handout, these people were given a means to help sustain themselves for a much longer period of time.

• Racoon7
    Racoon7 Posts: 16,369 Pro Player 👑
    Options

Hi @LoFiGummy thank you for this wonderful thread, I am truly touched by other players answers ๐Ÿ’œ

There is so much to be thankful for and so much to me a spiritual gift in so many ways. These enrich everyday I live. Whether it is a new experience or learned something new, a sense of love or loss, a kindness or gesture, a random laugh at a checkout at a supermarket, the list is endless. I like giving ๐Ÿ’œ

Material wise, again many things, many memories, there are loads from a silk scarf which I keep my Tarot cards wrapped in to a special silver trinket box a client gave to me on my 18th birthday.

This is also a very special thing to me ....

It was done by my great great gran. My gran before she died asked me about getting this piece framed. It had been kept wrapped in an envelope for all these years. I did some cross-stitch at that time and had a contact with a professional who wrote "The Cross-Stitch Bible" She kindly put me in touch with someone that could mount and frame this professionally.

I had it done and gave it back to my Gran, at which point she said would you like it.......

๐Ÿ˜ญ I was so overwhelmed! Never did I expect that! It is certainly a special material treasure of my past and my family ๐Ÿ’œ

• penken
    penken Posts: 746 Level 3
    Options

What a treasure to have! How special to have received it while your Gran was still alive. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿปโค๏ธ

• Princess_Jessica
    Princess_Jessica Posts: 8,203 Jelly Moderator
    Options

My daughter who is autistic came to me on my birthday one year and said, Mom I can't buy you anything so I made you a picture. I cried, for one I couldn't believe how beautiful it was, second it was a heartfelt gift. She had made a picture of me and her sitting on a porch swing. It looked just like me and her. It was like she had took the picture with a camera. That was the moment I found out she was truly an amazing artist. I have saw many artist but the detail she had put into the picture was truly amazing ๐Ÿค—

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?