Fish removes the wrong things. Game design flaw.

Options
DanishWolf
DanishWolf Posts: 62 Level 2

Having played close to 7900 levels, there is one thing that continues to annoy me, a kind of game glitch that has never been fixed.

When you play a level that has spirals, cake blocks, and whatever else there might be, the fish will ALWAYS target on removing these, even when removing these blocks become unnecessary to finish the level. In fact the fish will remove unnecessary blocks, instead of removing the blocks necessary to bring a bubble-bear across the line, or things like that.

I just had a level where I needed 3 color blocks removed, to move the last bubbles above the line. I had around a dozen moves at that time. I got a fish 5-6 times in the last moves. Not one of these fish took the necessary blocks to finish the game. Instead they removed the spiral blocks that dropped down on the opposite side of the game. It happens over and over in levels.

Please make the fish stop removing these blocks once it's not needed anymore!!

Comments

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator
    Options

Hello @DanishWolf and welcome to Soda community!

Intended targets for fish candies are bottles > blockers > candies in that order of priority.

This works well in the majority of game modes but unfortunately it might not lead to the best results in a Bubble game mode where Soda liquid is involved.

This means we need to take that into account we devise a strategy to win a Bubble level πŸ™‚

First dish candies focus on all bottles available on the board, then they focus on all blockers available on the board and at last they focus on candies blocking the bear's path.

Here are some tips:

• Match individual fish candies only if there are no blockers on the gameboard, otherwise don't bother, they would not be of use.
    • If there are blockers on the gameboard, give it a try only if you can combine a color bomb or coloring candy with a candy fish because some spawned fish may actually head for candies blocking the bear's path while others go for the blockers, their initial target.

Thank you so much for reaching out to the community and sharing your feedback, I'll pass this on so Studio can read and consider your opinion

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?