I was hoping Candy Crush Soda will make some improvements, but it seems to have made things are really annoying. Here are the changes:
- The level screen changed into horrible islands and that is the reason why Replaying levels are no longer present (outdated)
Old description:
Everyone really enjoy replaying completed levels by possible ways: just for fun, perform any task in “Contests” topic as the possible rules of community or obtain new high scores. But… after an update of April and the introduction of Soda Sea, it is no longer possible.
Update: After many negative reception from players, the game was reverted back; this change was completely outdated.
2. The removal of moves in almost entire of levels which make them mathematically impossible to pass without or even boosters (ongoing test)
Some players are reported that almost entire levels only have 15 moves; which means that you can only pass their levels by possible ways: luck, grant extra moves, use boosters (if used correctly); otherwise they’re really challenging (especially with multi-board levels). Even with early levels, the game may not let you pass. No matter how skilled you are, there is no guarantee you will clear the level. Cutting down on moves like that will make beating the game extremely difficult, especially for activities that require players to pass levels to obtain rewards (e.g Wonderballs from Treasure Hunt, tasks from Daily Quests, the Mega Color Bomb,…). Many players are decided to quit the game due to this.
3. The cutting back of famous events, especially with events that reward golds; if there are any, the golds quantity is extremely small
I quite familiar with well-known events such as Soda Race, Yeti’s Challenge, Rocket Rush, Rescue Buddies, Kimmy’s Arcade,… one of them with grant golds and sweet rewards (e.g Supersonic Lolly rewards). However things get bored. Kimmy’s Arcade, Soda Race is almost gone; Yeti’s Challenge gold rewards are really low amount; Rocket Rush is extremely challenging; most of booster rewards are timed or insufficient quantity; other events share the similar or different ways. Even though the game later released or redesigned events, many players remained unattached.
4. Game is no longer give free 50 golds for the new account (outdated)
I created a new account on another device (e.g. PC) and 50 free golds are back. So this change also outdated.
Old description:
Has anyone encountered this situation? Since I started the game earlier this year with new account, the game cannot give me 50 golds as a free reward at the very beginning.
5. Famous characters (including Kimmy, Odus, Yeti, Olivia, Bears,…) who were once icons have now faded into oblivion or redesigned into different shape
If you think only the bears are the symbol of the game, you are mistaken. More than 10 years ago, the game was featured famous characters such as Kimmy, Tiffi, Odus,… but now they’re completely gone. Yeti, Bears and only a few characters are still there, but they’re now redesigned into different shape that I am not wanted.
6. Sprinkleshell is at risk of becoming useless
He is really helpful for beating levels; simply match cyan candies to fulfill the bar until it full, he will eat all of their colors depending on your choice. But because there are so many challenges, he is facing the risk of disappearing from this game.
7. The in-game graphics have changed what Candy Crush has long possessed
This is better, but I think it's still pretty awful. The new evoking graphics that Candy Crush had long featured including: font, progress chart, no score counter, and the character. Furthermore, in this game, the background changes into an animation instead of still; not to mention, these special candies also have animations (except the fish). And I notice that the normal Color Bomb have a new design.
Recently, some player have the "Board shake" option, which can be toggled on Settings. Candy Crush and Candy Crush Friends have too, but Candy Crush doesn't have an option to turn it off. However since it is the "ongoing test" feature, so I haven't this. But I don't like that.
8. Treasure Hunt is really challenging, will begin automatically after many days or forced players to begin
Since the moment it came out, I hated two texts: “Batula detects Wonderball nearby” and “Batula wants to play again”. Why I hate this? Because the game won't want to keep this character waiting too long and might be missing rewards. But it was precisely because of this that it was inadvertently scheduled for Batula to play again. Recently, some players have posted about Treasure Hunt is forced to play instead of play manually. This is unfair because as I mentioned in part 2, there are so many levels that are really challenging; not to mention, just like Rocket Rush, Treasure Hunt is no less challenging (e.g. if you want to collect the Legendary Wonderball, you must pass 24 levels, while almost 24 levels are rated hard or almost impossible to win, only 2-3 levels are easy). Adding this to the mix makes things even more difficult. Many players are not satisfied with this, especially those who don’t have more time to play.
9. 4 In a Row is so annoying, especially with notifications
This is the most thing I hated so much. Even when you don’t play, it keeps showing the annoying notification: “Your teammate ticked a tile on the board” after finishing the search for players. After few moments, these possible “Time up” and “You didn’t make it this time” notifications will appear after they completes (without me); not to mention, these rewards are less useful. So instead of doing that, I will play manually or forfeit it.
To be continued… I will update soon when there are some changes.