☔ What happened to Candy Town? ☔

Options
LizzyLemondrop
LizzyLemondrop Posts: 805 Level 5
edited August 2020 in Discussions

Hello Community! I just got my internet service back after two weeks, and of course I had to run updates for Candy Crush Soda Saga. When I first launched the game after the update I was at first ecstatic to see that after two years, I finally got back Quests! This joy was short lived however, as soon as I completed a level, Quests once again disappeared from my game 😥 I was very disappointed because I thought the Studio had listened to our pleas to bring Quests back universally to all players. At the same time this occurred, I got a pop up saying "Welcome Back to Candy Town" and something about "some changes having been made". Now, the layout of Candy Crush Soda Saga is completely different! To get to older levels you have to swipe to the right for a very, very long time. Most importantly though, the background maps have all been changed to one single image of a sad Kimmy standing in the rain! ☔ The map does not move at all.

Is this change temporary? Is this just a maintenance image? I sure hope so. One of the most fun things about playing Candy Crush Soda Saga is getting to see what the next new Map will look like once you have completed an Episode. I loved the creativity of each new Map!

Kimmy's face says it all: I am not happy with this change.

Comments

• ElenaVorona
    ElenaVorona Posts: 1,798 Level 3
    Options

I was most hooked by this phrase:

"To get to older levels you have to swipe to the right for a very, very long time"

In CCSS, this fact just infuriates me.

I play at maximum levels. And I have been replaying the old levels almost all week. To do this, I need to constantly move between levels.

Developers, have you tried navigating the Overview?

Try to go from level 5300 to level 2000. For example.

"Nice" right?

And right after that, try to go from level 2000 to level 1000.

This is generally beyond fantasy.

Is it so hard to attach a scrollbar to Overview? It is everywhere. In the most simple and uninteresting games. And even where it is optional.

Why isn't it in CCSS? Why is this game more difficult than many others?

(using google translate)

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 15,108 Soda Moderator
    Options

Hi @LizzyLemondrop

I had the same experience August 5th. Another map scene, the Quests and missing the overview portal. Also when I saw the Quests, MTF and Teams were gone. When Quests were gone MTF and Teams were back. Today I got the ‘normal’ scene of the map and the overview portal back. I think the Quests thing was a sort of glitch...

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Options

I still have sad Kimmy. I thought soda rain would be fun, but who knew?

• Yosca
    edited August 2020
    Options

@LizzyLemondrop I got an update and I got a new scene without the portal overview 🙁

Can’t edit the screenshot so here is a better one

• Twi
    Twi Posts: 86 Level 2
    edited August 2020
    Options

Did the latest candy crush Soda Update get a new look or did I push something on my iPad ?

All my levels are in a line on the bottom instead of the usual map.🤔🤔

• Yosca
    Options

Yes @Twi After the update it has changed. You don’t have the overview portal anymore. See my map after the update.

• LizzyLemondrop
    edited August 2020
    Options

Thank you @Yosca and @Nix66 for the information! 😊 I logged on late yesterday evening and my map was back to normal just like you guys said should happen. Yay! Now it seems there is a new still landscape, according to @Yosca's post above. This is certainly a mystery 🤔 I'll be interested to see what my game looks like when I log in later this evening to play.

I'm going to assume maybe the Studio is trying something new with the way the portal Overview works and maybe these funky scenes are a kind of maintenance image?

Edit: I got the same update as you late last night @Yosca:

• LizzyLemondrop
    Options

Hi @Twi! We are having this discussion right now at this location. Feel free to join us 😊

(I'm assuming you are seeing an image similar to this?)

• tininha1975
    tininha1975 Posts: 1,576 Level 4
    Options

which version of the update are you in? Mine is 1.175.2 and my map remains the same

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?