Black screen on Chrome OS, Acer N17Q8

Options
obiwanceleri
obiwanceleri Posts: 6 Level 2
edited October 2021 in Support

Running Candy Crush Soda / Saga on an Acer N17Q8

Chrome OS 94.0.4606.104 (French, Canada)

Since yesterday when I start Soda or Saga I see the orange King Logo and then a black screen. After a few seconds I hear the game's music and then ... nothing else.

Game was working fine before that and I didn't change anything in the machine's configuration

DEBUGING STEPS

• Cleaned cache for CCS
  • Cleaned game data for CCS
  • Uninstalled and then reinstalled
  • Rebooted device between steps
  • Tested RAM --> Nothing to report
  • Removed cache for all applications, much free space available (+10GB free)
  • Used "Force stop" many times

OTHER CONSIDERATIONS

• Candy Crush Soda + Saga work fine on an older Samsung Tablet
  • Large cursor for accessibility
  • Screen zoom for accessibility
  • I saw the game server issue on the 27th but it's apparently fixed?
  • Screen is completely black after the King logo.
  • Everything is updated, both system updates and Google Play updates

Please advise

Thank you!

Best Answer

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator
    edited November 2021 Answer āœ“
    Options

Hi @obiwanceleri

I'm glad, well relieved, to hear something is working!

I'm sorry to say it but as for today we haven't get in touch with the community manager regarding this issue yet and I have no timeframe and no news to report back. I really appreciate you being very forthcoming and patient despite this big inconvenience. Unfortunately, with no contact to the higher ups, I can't do much anything else here but forward updates to players as soon I get them.

At this point if the issue is not getting resolved, I suggest you to contact Player Support and see what they say. They likely have the tools to make use of your useful log information in case they need to šŸ˜€.

If you play on browser version when you scroll down you should be able to see a form of "contact us" button. From there you should be able to fill in a form explaining your problem and send.

Thank you šŸ¤—

Answers

• Pitty_Kitty
    edited October 2021
    Options

Hi @obiwanceleri and welcome to Soda community šŸ˜€

Thank you very much for the detailed information!

Yes, there was a server issue three days ago which was fixed but currently other players having issues with loading on pc/laptop.

As for now the issue has been reported, we're gathering all the infos from players and we can only wait until Tuesday when community manager is back to office so we can hopefully get infos from the Game Studio on the issue.

thank you šŸ™‚

• obiwanceleri
    Options

My pleasure! Sadly there's no logs (that I know of) that I can join. So the next best thing is to tell you exactly what I did :)

I also read extensively to make sure it's not one of those "know issues".

See you on Tuesday then?

P.S.: Have a virtual coffee on me :)

• simplyP
    simplyP Posts: 11,808 Level 5
    Options
  • obiwanceleri
    edited November 2021
    Options

UPDATE:

This morning the chromebook would not start at all.

Pressing the power button, even for 10 seconds, would not get the device to start.

I had to do a combination refresh button + power button for 10 seconds and THEN use the power button to start the device.

Considering the fact that the last thing I did was reinstall Candy Crush Soda and considering the fact that before putting the machine to sleep it was still possible to "force close" the CCS application (note: application was closed but something was still running in the background), is it possible CCS stops the machine from coming out of sleep? Is there anyway for us to send you an android system log to help you fix the issue? (I have no idea how to do that but I'm willing to do it if you tell me how)

• Pitty_Kitty
    Options

Hi @obiwanceleri šŸ˜€

Sorry to hear this. But I thank you for this feedback about chromebook which I pass on. As for now, we can only wait for a response tomorrow on this issue that's been reported by other players in other platforms as well.

I'm glad to hear you were able to start your device, if I understood correctly šŸ™‚

• obiwanceleri
    Options

I haven't tested this yet but apparently it's possible to make a chromebook log that includes policies and debug info.

support.google.com[slash]chrome[slash]a[slash]answer[slash]3293821

Do you think this would help? Also I don't really want to post my logs in a public forum; not sure exactly what info it contains. I'd need an email or a secure server that can only be seen by your tech team.

• obiwanceleri
    Options

UPDATE: I tried to load CCS from the chrome web browser (on the Acer laptop) and it worked! However the screen is clipped both on the top and bottom. More information to come.

• Pitty_Kitty
    edited November 2021 Answer āœ“
    Options

Hi @obiwanceleri

I'm glad, well relieved, to hear something is working!

I'm sorry to say it but as for today we haven't get in touch with the community manager regarding this issue yet and I have no timeframe and no news to report back. I really appreciate you being very forthcoming and patient despite this big inconvenience. Unfortunately, with no contact to the higher ups, I can't do much anything else here but forward updates to players as soon I get them.

At this point if the issue is not getting resolved, I suggest you to contact Player Support and see what they say. They likely have the tools to make use of your useful log information in case they need to šŸ˜€.

If you play on browser version when you scroll down you should be able to see a form of "contact us" button. From there you should be able to fill in a form explaining your problem and send.

Thank you šŸ¤—

• obiwanceleri
    Options

Sorry it took me so long but I got everything to work. Unless something happened on your side, the solution is strange but it works; try running CCS from Chrome instead of using the application. As soon as that's done, everything else falls into place.

It looks as though both the browser and application share some data and running the game from King's website seems to straighten everything out.

You can close this ticket :) ... and hopefully this will help out somebody else :)

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?