Account Doesn’t Exist

baskoota
baskoota Posts: 6 Level 2

Hello, I need to delete my Candy Crush Soda app from my iOS phone and download it using a different Apple ID, so I wanted to be able to log in to the game with my account to keep my progress. I forgot my password, and I’ve tried to reset it but when I open the reset link sent to my email, it says error 404, my account doesn’t exist.I have a King account and a community account here using the same email for both. I already searched through previous questions like mine that were asked but didn’t find a solution that worked for me. I can provide screenshots if needed, and thank you!

Answers

• baskoota
    Thank you for your quick and kind reply!
    I tried contacting support through the app like you mentioned, and I explained my issue thoroughly as I did in my original post listed above. I received an email reply soon after, but it was a link to a support article titled "My game won’t connect to Facebook". I didn't even mention the word Facebook, as I explained my account was created through King. The email ended with redirecting me to the community page if the linked article doesn't help, which is where I started in the first place! I'm a bit lost on what to do; do you think I should contact support through the app again and reword my issue? Or is there another support option you think I could try?
    Thank you!~

• baskoota

Hello, thanks for replying again so quickly!

So my issue here would be that I want to download it on the same device; I downloaded the app using an Apple ID different than the one I use now, so I can't update any apps that were downloaded using the older one. I contacted Apple Support and they confirmed this as well.

I made a small collage to avoid uploading multiple photos, and I numbered them to make the flow easier to follow, but basically this is what the process of resetting my password looks like:

I opened the password reset link immediately after I received it, which was seconds after hitting the reset button within the app. It just seems really strange to me, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. Let me know what you think when you have time :)

Thanks ~

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 17,152 Soda Moderator

Hi @baskoota and @Nix66 We had some problems with loading on king.com and maybe that is the reason you get this error. I saw in Saga forum the tech team made an update on king.com due several issues. So you could try changing your password directly on king.com. You’ll have to do this on a pc/laptop. Go to king.com, games, choose any game to play, click on the golden/orange king icon in the top left corner, choose log in on existing account, fill in your email from your King account, click on forgot password… Hope this will help.

• baskoota

Hello, thanks for replying :)

I followed the steps you mentioned on my laptop, and I successfully got to the Password Reset page, and... the button doesn't do anything! Lol. The "Change Password" button I need to click to confirm my new password does not really register or lead to a new page or notification. Same goes for the Log In button when I tried to log in on the game page. I tried on both Google Chrome and Firefox. It's hard to explain without a video or something, but I hope I made it clear enough.

Nevertheless, I appreciate both your efforts throughout this all!

• Yosca

I am so sorry that doesn’t work either @baskoota . Then I suggest to contact Customer Support: https://soporto.king.com/contact and ask if they can replace your password. Don’t forget to indicate what you have tried to receive a new password and that nothing works.

• baskoota

Hello! Thanks for the suggestion. I tried contacting support but was once again met with unrelated, automated links to articles by email. I tried again to follow the password reset link using my phone and it worked for some reason (instead of displaying the 404 page), my password was successfully changed! I realized that the reset link generated when I sent the request from my laptop worked on my phone, while the link for requests sent from within the app did not.

Now I am logged out of the app, and when I try to log in a connection error keeps occurring. I tried to log in both on wifi and data, and my connection is working fine for other apps.

Honestly at this point I’m kind of tired because it seems like there are a lot of technical glitches and the support team within the app/by email are really unhelpful. The only real help I received was here on this thread. So thank you both @Yosca and @Nix66, I really appreciate your efforts. I’m just going to keep randomly trying until it works, or I’ll just stop playing if I find it’s too much of a hassle. See you around the community :)

• Yosca
    edited November 2021

What a bummer @baskoota Great that you finally were able to change your password 😁. Since you find the connection problem you could try clear cache, restart device. Sometimes it works after some tries. And I can understand you if you give up...but I hope you don't 🙃

• baskoota

A final update since my last post here: I realized that the game overall had lost the ability to connect to the internet for some reason, which sucks because a lot of features would be disabled. So I decided to take a risk and delete the app and download the updated version (I couldn't just update it without deleting because I had downloaded it on a different Apple ID). I was able to log in! I lost my powerups and some progress on a few levels, but it's better than being locked out of my account lol. Thank you for the support! <3

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?