What's happening in Soda in May? 🏖️🏹
🏆🏖️ Soda Summer Season is here!
🎉🥳New Accessibility features are coming to Soda!

🏆🏹 Claim your Soda Cup Badge!
Qualifers // Quarters // Semis // Finals

Is there a way to turn the sound off on ads?

Options
Mlynn1978
Mlynn1978 Posts: 2 Newbie

I have the sound off for the game and not all ads have sound. But some ads that play do NOT have a mute option. There has got to be a way to turn it off. I play a lot in public areas (court rooms, libraries, waiting in line - I am a court runner) and it’s extremely loud. I like the game but the sound on the ads just needs to be an option to mute. I get why the ads have to play, but we should be able to mute them.

Answers

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 15,482 Soda Moderator
    Options

Welcome to the Community @Mlynn1978

To have the ads on silence you will need to have the device on silent mode. The game settings can only control the sounds in the game itself and not the third party ads.

• Mlynn1978
    Mlynn1978 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

My phone is always on silent. Not all ads “adhere” to that. Example -the Gordon’s Fisherman’s ad, does not adhere to the phones silent setting. And there is not a mute option for the ad. Sometimes it plays super loud other times there is no sound. Either way, my phone is required to be silent when I am in court rooms and libraries. Is there anyone who test the ads or looks at programming?

• Calamity_Coyote
    Calamity_Coyote Posts: 115 Level 3
    Options

I just keep the device volume button all the way down during game play. Therefore, it doesn't matter what is going on. Silence.

• calgarywino
    calgarywino Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

I find the sound on ads really loud and jarring. I also use the phone as a tool, and/or need to hear notificatns for work purposes. When the ads blare it's really inconvenient and annoying.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?