My progress is lost after signing in and using another device. Please restore

Options
queenl4dy
queenl4dy Posts: 2 Newbie

I have used Candy Crush Soda for years on my iPad. I downloaded the game on my iPhone yesterday, signed in, played and now my progress is lost. I cannot sign in to King - please restore. Game name is Queenl4dy. The message is cannot connect to the server. All my other app are working including mail and safari.

Answers

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator
    edited December 2021
    Options

Hello @queenl4dy and welcome to Soda community

Are you seeing the message "there was a connection error, try again in a bit"?

If so, you can try this to see if it works:

force close the app (or make sure it's not running in the background)- switch off your internet connection - start the app but don't click "play" yet - switch on internet connection- then click "play"

Let me know

• queenl4dy
    edited December 2021
    Options

Im trying to respond to Petty_Kitty re my question.

The iPad is not responding well to the King community communication or synching.

On Christmas Day, I downloaded the Candy Crush Soda game on my iPhone Christmas Eve after playing for years on my iPad. I played a few lives and then had to leave. On Christmas Day when I signed in I was getting the failure to connect message, which I am still getting today on the iPad. I have lost my consecutive day bonus and have now been reset to day 1. Im disappointed and am hoping that you can reset that back to my setting on Christmas Eve or keep my progress uninterrupted. I look forward to hearing from you. I could not respond on the iPad and had to use the iMac due to the failure to connect error message again today.

• queenl4dy
    Options

Iā€™m still getting failure to connect

• Diamond_Lim
    Diamond_Lim Posts: 155,467 Diamond Diaries Moderator
    Options
  • Pitty_Kitty
    edited December 2021
    Options

Hello @queenl4dy

I read your reply here

I'm still not sure what type of connetion error you're seeing. Is the one I shared above? Is the message error different?

If you've been using a King account (email+password), your progress (levels) has been saved on King servers and can be retrieved. Daily streak can't be restored if lost, I'm sorry

So I'd try this

• Check this guide about game failure for iphone and ipad
    • If the guide doesn't help: Since you've just recently downloaded Soda on iphone, I'd imagine you have very few boosters on that device. So I'd try to unistall and reinstall the app on iphone only to see if the problem still appears. Note that uninstalling will delete any booster you might have because they're saved on the device storage. Boosters are not saved on King servers as progress and gold bars are, so I leave this decision to you.
    • If the guide doesn't help, especially with ipad: please contact Player Support. Ask them if they can look further into this problem since you're seeing the same message on a new device too and you've tried troubleshooting suggested in the guide.

Contact Player Support from here. Provide as many details as you can. If you can, add your game user ID which will allow Player Support to locate your account. User ID is not your username, it's a number identifying your account. Here's how to find it.

In case the connection error will not allow you to see your user ID on malfunctioning Soda app, note that you'll be able see this number on any other working King game that is connected to the same King account. or you'll see this number too if you manage to make Soda app work on iphone after reinstalling and loggin in.

Hope this helps

• Pitty_Kitty
    Options

Hello @queenl4dy

Thank you for replying šŸ¤—

I've answered in the original support thread here. I'll be closing this post in order to avoid confusion so we can focus on the main support thread. šŸ˜€

Thank you @Diamond Lim for tagging me

• troiade
    troiade Posts: 19 Level 2
    Options

Hello. I also am having that issue but only on my iPad. I tried your method above but it did not work. On my iPhone I am on level 2452 but on my iPad it is level 1674.

• Pitty_Kitty
    Options

Hello @troiade

Do you have "there was a connection error, try again in a bit" message on your ipad? and this guide didn't help?

then this would explain why the progress can't sync.

This message is usually a tell-tale sign that Soda app got corrupted but since I've noticed other cases about this issue lately I'm not sure if something different is going on that could be potentially fixed by Player Support.

So you'd have 2 options:

• contact Player Support, explain you already tried troubleshoosting, describe the type of error your game has and what type of device you play on. Since the malfunctioning app is offline you'd need to contact Player Support from here. Please add your game user ID in your form: it will allow Player Support to locate your account. Here's how to find it. It's possible to retrieve your user ID from the working Soda app on your iphone.
    • uninstall and reinstall Soda app on ipad. This would be the last resort that fixes this problem when app is corrupted. You'll lose all the boosters and lives on that device because they're saved locally on its memory storage. Your progress and gold bars will be saved and retrieved again if you use a King/FB account

Because of the other reports I had passed this on during the holidays but I was told no incident was detected. But I might need to forward this again if more players confirm this problem is still persisting.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?