What to do when you can't edit your profile?

NanaCannon
NanaCannon Posts: 3 Newbie

I have been trying to transfer from a Facebook account to a King Account. The steps listed in the forum do not work. I also can't edit my profile to recover my password. How do you talk to an actual person?

Answers

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator
    edited February 2022

Hello @NanaCannon and welcome to Soda community

Let's see if I understand correctly. You have a Facebook.

Did you create a King account? It's a separate account and needs its own password and email.

I recommend you do this step bypassing Soda app and mobile devices (if possible)

Please visit king.com site on a laptop/pc, click "games" on your left and create a King account.

If you've already created a King account, do you mean you can't change the password of your King account on king.com site?

• NanaCannon
    NanaCannon Posts: 3 Newbie

I didn't realize that these were 2 separate items. I play on my mobile phone. I have tried creating a King account on my phone when the game app tells me that it will no longer connect with Facebook. I put in my email and use the generated password. It fails everytime.

So, I read online to go to my PC. I tried recovering my password, but never received an email.

Then, I had to create this ID to post here to get help. I am really confused.

• Pitty_Kitty

Hello @NanaCannon

Ok. Sorry for the confusion we're having here. Let's try making some clarity

Facebook account: it allows you to save your progress and gold bars

King account: it allows you to save your progress and gold bars and play events. It is the type of account the company King advises players to use since Soda is moving away from Facebook

Community account: it allows you to post comments and discussion here on King community (the forum you and I are using to communicate). Community account is not related to King account.

All 3 accounts are born separate. Facebook account and King account can be merged so you can log in to your King account and have access to your game (saved progress, gold bars, events etc )as you did before.

Does this help? Please, ask any question

• Pitty_Kitty

I'm understanding the game transfer (also known as merge of the FB and King accounts) is failing in your case.

Since a few hours ago community manager let me know of possible scenarios happening to players, let's take as step back and understand better what type of scenarios you're in:

• Are you trying to use the same email address for the Facebook account and King account when you try to create a King account?
    • Are you trying to use a email address for your King account that is different from the email address used in FB account?
    • Do you happen to play other King games beside Soda? If that's the case, did you use the same FB account for them as Soda? or did you use a different account for these other games?

Thank you for your help. If you have any question about any part feel free to ask

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?