We're aware of an issue with Facebook purchases for all King Games and our team is on it. 🛠️ Hang tight while we fix things! You can still enjoy the game, and we'll keep you posted once it's solved.

On Laptop using Windows 7, on Candy Crush Soda, Level 596. Game starts to load, screen goes black wi

Vera_
Vera_ Posts: 3 Newbie

On Laptop using Windows 7, on Candy Crush Soda, Level 596. Game starts to load, screen goes black with message "display drivers have stopped, but have recovered". Black screen remains with music. No problems with any other games. Candy Crush Soda new problem?

Best Answer

• aCe
    aCe Posts: 1,442 Level 2
    Answer ✓

I'm glad I could help a little. If the game is slow this could also be related to a) how many browser tabs or programs you have open, so try closing them all and b) your Flash player (make sure its up to date on the adobe website) 

I hope you can resolve the issue.

Answers

• aCe

I just Googled this issue as I've never seen it and its not related to the game at all. For example, if you have an AMD card, then this might help: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/737-27116RadeonSeries-ATIKMDAGhasstoppedrespondingerrormessages.aspx 

Check out what graphics card you have and Google it :)

• Vera_

aCE...thank you for your reference from Google and follow up information. Doing further research from Microsoft website on this issue, this is what I found that maybe causing causing my problem.... "To prevent, timeout detection from occurring, hardware vendors should ensure that graphics operations (that is, direct memory access (DMA) buffer completion) take no more than 2 seconds in end-user scenarios such as productivity and game play".   This tells me that perhaps King has an issue with a slow graphics start up for this game level, causing my problem... I will keep working on issue.

• aCe
    Answer ✓

I'm glad I could help a little. If the game is slow this could also be related to a) how many browser tabs or programs you have open, so try closing them all and b) your Flash player (make sure its up to date on the adobe website) 

I hope you can resolve the issue.

• Vera_

It seems King has resolved the issue.  Played Level 596 earlier this AM with no loading problems..hope my good luck continues..

• Reddiver
    Reddiver Posts: 8 Level 2

aCE...thank you for your reference from Google and follow up information. Doing further research from Microsoft website on this issue, this is what I found that maybe causing causing my problem.... "To prevent, timeout detection from occurring, hardware vendors should ensure that graphics operations (that is, direct memory access (DMA) buffer completion) take no more than 2 seconds in end-user scenarios such as productivity and game play".   This tells me that perhaps King has an issue with a slow graphics start up for this game level, causing my problem... I will keep working on issue.

It has to be a King game issue. I was just online with Microsoft support and they went through all drivers check and scanned my computer. One suggested if I had Chrome to delete cache, I do not have Chrome. Very Very Frustrating
  • c_riffle58
    c_riffle58 Posts: 2 Newbie

I have a black screen and flashing windows 7 this has been going on for a week 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?