We're aware of an issue with Facebook purchases for all King Games and our team is on it. 🛠️ Hang tight while we fix things! You can still enjoy the game, and we'll keep you posted once it's solved.

Candy Crush Soda Saga restarts on Facebook connect

FiercePook
FiercePook Posts: 3 Newbie

For the past couple of weeks, when I try to connect to Facebook on Candy Crush Soda Saga on my LG F3 running Android 4.1, it restarts the app. And just to make that especially clear - it doesn't give me an error message of any kind, it just crashes back to the orange "King" logo screen and restarts the app completely with no other explanation. At first it was connected even though the "Connect" button was available, but I had to uninstall and reinstall the app and now it isn't showing my Facebook information at all, and progress on my phone isn't getting updated to Facebook. I don't want to lose the progress I make on my phone. How can I get connected?

Answers

• KingsPinn
    KingsPinn Posts: 3,526 Level 2

There are some really helpful steps in this video: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIYE7aW5jcE

My personal recommendation is open up your facebook app and in the settings section, find candy crush under the 'apps' and tap it. This opens up the game and for me it synchronizes perfectly. 

• FiercePook

I had uninstalled the Facebook app due to space issues, but reinstalling the Facebook app doesn't seem to have made a difference. I followed all of the steps in the video that applied - killing active apps from the task manager, and it didn't help. Neither did running the app from the Facebook app, unfortunately.

• KingsPinn

If you search the make and model of your phone and 'clear cache' then try this. For example on mine I need to press the volume up key and power at the same time. I'm not sure how to do it on an LG though, but try this maybe. Hopefully we can get something to work!

• FiercePook

I have an app cache cleaner app and run it regularly, I ran it again. I also cleared the app data for the game aaaaaand I'm back to level one :|

Fortunately I was stuck on a hard level and when I can connect to Facebook I'll get my progress back, but doing those things didn't resolve the issue. 

• KingsPinn

Just to make sure, you're logged into the right FB account? 

I really can't think what could be stopping it from synchronizing. How about wifi, is connection strong? or maybe try with 3g or something.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?