HELP Black Screen

ChristyM73
ChristyM73 Posts: 15 Level 2

There's something glitching on Candy Crush games. I installed Soda and I'm almost level 1200 as yes I used to play it without any problem and that was on a phone not as new as this one. In the middle of the level with unlimited (Idk what the technical name is of them) balls you can match anything to and it removes all of that color the game crashes and goes black screen. Reloaded could hear music. I have all sounds off on game. Closed completely tried loading again. Black screen just like Saga. Of course CS is NO help. King games are the ONLY games I have this issue with and yes everything is UTD. Force stop, uninstalled, phone restarted, reinstalled game both soda and saga. Same thing!!! So once again I have list out on earning gold and other rewards including my chef's hat!!!! I'm beyond furious at the lack of help from CS!!! 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡 As you can see FV3, and Dream Home load. So does Township and Solitaire. Merge County too. Only King games don't load!!

Answers

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator

Hello @ChristyM73

Sorry to hear about this. Let's try to understand what's going on here

• do you save your progress with a King account or Facebook account?
    • what device do you use? (make and model)
    • what is the latest version of operating system in your device? (e.g. Android 11, iOS 15.5)
    • does your device have at least 2 GB of free memory storage?
    • what is the latest version of soda app installed in your device?

Thanks!

• ChristyM73

@Pitty_Kitty finally someone who asks the right questions!! Thank you!

1. I save my progress via Facebook.

2. Moto G Power 2022

3. Android 11. Same as the phone I was playing it on. It works on here then when you get off and go back later it won't load.

4. My phone has over 15 GB free well actually more.

5. I don't know on latest version of game. It just updated. Yes needing updating can cause all kinds of issues but it just updated and I checked and nothing is needing updated. I will check to see what version I have. I have included the screenshots of most of my other games loading just fine. I will be heading to Township this morning and can show it loading too.

• Pitty_Kitty
    edited April 2022

@ChristyM73 thank you for the infos so far!

If you play on an Android device, you should be able to see Soda app version when you visit "Settings" of your device - click "Apps"- find "Candy Crush Soda Saga"- scroll down until you see the app version

I understand the app first crashed while you were playing a level but when you say this:

"It works on here then when you get off and go back later it won't load."

Does it mean when you launch the game app, now you are able to see this homepage at least and have access to your game profile?

Or does the app just shut down and shows black screen the moment you launch it?

When did this problem start exactly?

thanks!

• ChristyM73

@Pitty_Kitty no. I cannot get it to load at all. I get a black screen. I'll go look for the version.

• ChristyM73

@Pitty_Kitty here you go. I appreciate your assistance! I just tried to open it. See the back screen?

• Pitty_Kitty

Hello @ChristyM73

I see it, thank you.

I'm gathering all this infos and I'll pass them on the community managers to see if they can find out what the possible solution is for this issue. But it may take some time, I'm sorry.

So let's do a recap, please correct me if they're wrong

• logged in to facebook account
    • uninstalling and reinstalling the King game apps don't fix the problem
    • device: Moto G Power 2022. Do you mind telling me model number of your device too? E.g SM-G925P. Read here for infos
    • OS version: Android 11
    • space: > 15 GB
    • Soda version 1.215.3
    • only King games apps crash

Other infos that may be helpful:

• when did this crashing problem start?
    • Also, if you happen to own another device is it possible for you to launch the King apps successfully there?

Thanks!

• ChristyM73

@Pitty_Kitty I appreciate your help! Yes only to King Apps/games. I do not have any issues with my other apps/games and can run several at once. I'll be on a game and have YouTube or Prime Video minimized watching a show while gaming or answering FB Messages/Texts etc. I am enclosing screenshots showing everything UTD. I did take screenshots of the About Phone and the box with obvious personal information blacked out. I do not have a computer so my phone is it. Correct force stopping, uninstalling, waiting up to a minute to restart and reinstalling the King games didn't make any difference. After sometime of not playing King games I decided to go back to playing them so I installed them last week. Well Candy Crush Saga then the other day Candy Crush Soda. That's when the issues started so my first thought was to update them but they were up to date. My system is up to date too. I hope I've answered all your questions. Feel free to let me know if I missed anything.

• ChristyM73

@Pitty_Kitty it also isn't letting me accept friend requests. I've tried since yesterday. See screenshot. It's just spinning.

• Pitty_Kitty

Hello!

You were able to open Soda app? Does it mean it doesn't crash and show black screen anymore when you try to launch it ?

As for the friends requests, there is a problem regarding friends for Facebook players who play on facebook site. I'm not sure yet if FB players who play on mobile app are affected as well

• ChristyM73

@Pitty_Kitty I opened it after closing everything and restarting my phone for the hundredth time. Saw friends pop up and tried to accept. I don't know those "friends" that popped up but would accept gaming friends IF I could and IF I could play it.

I do not play via FB. I have the games from Google Play. I just save my progress to FB so I can play on any phone I get or maybe an all in one device someday. That's all. I accidentally closed the game and went to relaunch it but same old black screen. There isn't any way I can really play it and I shouldn't have to close everything else and restart my phone everytime I want to try to play the games. That's just too much hassle. Sorry for the confusion. Again, I do not play the games off FB. I only back them up (all of my games) to FB.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?