Why does the game not honor extras after watching ads. Face change?

Options
lolagator
lolagator Posts: 11 Level 2

I have been playing this game for years and have never had the problems that I have been experiencing lately. Watch ad no extra help pops up in game. Get extra lives and soda zeroes out and I have to restart. All of a sudden my profile picture changed and can't reset. On Samsung not getting the 30 minutes when first signing out, and when the 5 games are finished o extra life button.

Am I on the wrong platform? Still get30 minutes play ti e and extra life on I Pad.

Thank you for your help.

Answers

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator
    Options

Hello @lolagator and welcome to Soda community!

Are you experiencing all these issues on your Samung device and not on ipad?

Then let's find out what's going on 😀 I play on a Samsung phone to and I haven't experienced any issue as of now

Please check troubleshooting steps, to set your game in optimal conditions again:

• check for Soda and device updates
    • check that your device has at least 2 GB of free storage
    • provided you have a King account to save your progress try to log out- close game - clear cache* - restart device - open game - log in and pass any level to make sure you reconnected to the server
    • you might need to repeat the steps above 3-4 times

*iif you own Android, visit Settings - Apps - Candy Crush Soda Saga - Storage - Clear Cache. Be careful not to click "clear data" which deletes your boosters

Let me know if it works or not🙂 We'll check out other things

Thanks!

• lolagator
    Options

Experiencing on both. Has been very frustrating. On Samsung I get nothing - no extra moves, and especially no extra plays from friends or team. On the IPAD when I click on extra boosters it will go through the ad but then takes me out of the game, have to start over, and no booster. When I click on icon to get either a special booster or an extra 30 minutes it goes out of the game. So again, frustrating. Anyway, thanks for the tips. I’m not even sure where to clear cache on either of them. I’ve tried settings and asked where cache is and nothing.

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator
    edited July 2022
    Options

Hello @lolagator

I understand this is frustrating but at this point we might need to take a step back and gather and organize details about each device in separete comments otherwise it's easy for me to mix up the 2 and it's harder for me to pinpoint what's going on in each device and advise you the best solution.

So let's start with Samsung device 🙂
    • which make and model of Samsung device do you own?
    • what is the latest sofware version installed? to find this info visit: settings app - about phone - software information - please tell me the number below Android Version
    • what is the latest version of Soda app installed in your device? to find this infos visit: "settings" app - "apps" - Candy Crush Soda Saga app- scroll down to find a string of numbers e.g 1.222.4

In case you need this: directions on how to clear cache of Soda app on Android are at the bottom of my first comment 🙂 when you visit settings app of your device, tap on "Apps", then "Candy Crush Soda Saga", and then "storage". You'll be able to see "clear cache". I own a Samsung device as well so I'm familiar with this🤗

About the issues you're having in Samsung device:

• I understand that Soda app works normally, it doens't shut down and you don't have to restart the app. Am I correct?
    • However you're highlighting the fact there's no option to watch ads to get extra moves or boosters in Soda app?
    • Or are you trying to say that there's no option to pay gold bars to get extra moves or boosters in Soda app?

It would really help if you could attach screenshots of what problems you see in Soda app in your Samsung device so we can clear up any misunderstandings originated from text 🤗

how to take a screenshot: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

Upload the image from your device gallery to this forum discussion. Click the icon circled in red that shows a mountain:

• lolagator
    Options

Thank you for commenting @Pitty_Kitty . I fixed it on Samsung but now not connected on IPad for some reason. States no internet connection. Which is crazy because I pad is connected.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?