Why did my soda friends disappear and when I get lived from my team I don't actually receive them?

Options
2»

Answers

• Gee_62
    Gee_62 Posts: 14 Level 2
    Options
  • Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,007 Soda Moderator
    Options

Hello @Gee_62 @Yosca !

Thanks for sharing the picture 🤗 it really helps since this is a new change and we're understanding it step by step.

@Gee_62 is showing the "get help" section, since the page was selected the "get help" text is in white and not purple 🤗

I was also able to have a look at my windows app today 🙂

I think 2 things are going on here

• 1) I believe windows Soda app might have an issue regarding lives which are asked and sent from team mates. It seems they can't be viewed. We'll report this issue to community manager so this can be looked into 👍️

In Windows app I can't see lives sent from team mates either. But I can see lives requests from friends of my friends list and I can ask them for lives, my panel shows full friends list. I can accept lives when I run out

Sorry, Windows is not set in English 😅

Whereas in Soda app on Android mobile device, on top of asking and sending lives to all my friends, I can ask my team mates for lives and accept their requests

• 2) it seems your friends list is somehow blank, @Gee_62 . Before reporting this issue as well, let's gather more infos about your game. Was your list always like this or did you recently lose friends in your friends list? Do you have Social Hub icon in your Soda app? In this feature we have the option to add friends to our friends list and have a look at all friends in our list. Thanks to this feature, the panel for asking lives should display friends

Let us know. Thanks!

• Pitty_Kitty
    Options

Hello @sandrawhite and welcome to Soda community!

Sorry to hear about this.

Which device do you use to play Soda? (make and model)

Do you play on Soda app installed on Windows?

Please share:

• a screenshot of your map
    • a screenshot of the place where you ask friends for lives

It woud really help understand your situation, thanks!

---

how to take a screenshot: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

Save the image on your device storage if you use a computer.

Upload the image from your device to this forum discussion. Click the icon circled in red that shows a mountain:

• Gee_62
    Gee_62 Posts: 14 Level 2
    Options

Hi Pitty_Kitty, yes I have a social hub. My friends list was always empty I just swap lives with my soda squad. I used to get a screen every 2 days where I could send lives to random people but that disappeared months ago along with me getting lives from random players.

• Pitty_Kitty
    edited July 2022
    Options

Hello @Gee_62

Thanks for replying back, that is very good news and in this case I advise to use Social Hub to add random but active Soda players to your friends list. Until this problem is solved, you can't see your team mates lives sent to you, so lives sent by random friends is your alternative to bypass the problem.

With Social Hub, your friends list won't be blank anymore, so this screen you have won't be blank either and you'll be able to ask friends for lives:

To add friends via Social Hub, I advise to follow @Yosca 's directions which are shared on page 1 of this thread. I'm highlighting them below for convenience:

Let us know how it goes and don't hesitate to ask if you need further explanations or directions! 🙂

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?