How do I stop playing with friends in 4 in a Row?

yvettes1004
yvettes1004 Posts: 5 Pro Player 👑

I decided to try out the play with friends in 4 in a Row. Now it has been 3 days and my friends have not accepted to play and I haven't been able to play 4 in a row. How do I reset this and go back to random players?

Answers

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator

Hello @yvettes1004 and welcome to Soda community!

Sorry to hear about this!

Please try troubleshooting steps and let me know if they help or not 🙂

• check for Soda and device updates
    • check that your device has at least 2 GB of free storage
    • provided you have a King account to save your progress try to log out- close game - clear cache* - restart device - open game - log in and pass any level to make sure you reconnected to the server
    • you might need to repeat the steps above 3-4 times

*it depends on on the type of the device. Read all details here.

If you own Android mobile, visit Settings - Apps - Candy Crush Soda Saga - Storage - Clear Cache. Be careful not to click "clear data" which deletes your boosters

If you own Apple mobile, visit Settings - Safari - Clear History and Website Data

• Pitty_Kitty

Also would you mind providing more gaming details as they would help with investigating this issue:

• which device are you using? (make and model)
    • what is the latest version of operating system installed in your device? (e.g Android 11, iOS 15.5 etc)
    • are you playing on Soda app installed in your device? or Facebook website?
    • what is the latest version of Soda app installed in your device? (e.g 1.222.4)
    • what is game user ID number associated to your account?
    • How to find your user ID on Soda app: here
    • How to find your user ID on Facebook site: here
    • please provide full screenshots displaying the issue you're seeing. It'd be really helpful

how to take a screenshot: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

Save the image on your device storage if you use a computer.

Upload the image from your device to this forum discussion. Click the icon circled in red that shows a mountain:

• minnaj
    minnaj Posts: 176 Level 3

The same thing is happening to me! Yesterday it told me it was searching for new team members for me to play with. So far nothing. So I can't play four in a row at all until some strange people decide they want to play with me? Whose big stupid idea was this? How do I get out of this?

• Pitty_Kitty

Hello @minnaj

It'd be really helpful if you could provide gaming details listed in my comment above so I can proceed with reporting this issue and your feedback 🤗

thanks for your help!

• minnaj
    minnaj Posts: 176 Level 3

This has nothing to do with my phone or my operating system or anything that I'm doing. This has to do with changes that you made with regard to how to play Four in a Row. I used to just be able to start a new game with no problems. Now suddenly you're asking me if I want to choose players or get random players and either way I'm not able to readily play the games anymore, but have to wait for hours or even an entire day before somebody says they want to play with me. Please go back to the old way of playing four in a row.

• Pitty_Kitty
    edited July 2022

Hello @minnaj

If you're not able to share your gaming infos, especially your game user ID, then I can't tell you that developers will look into your game. Therefore it may take longer to find a solution to fix it for you and possibly other players who're testing this new 4 in a row version. I'm sorry.

Errors in the game happen, especially in new features, and we all try our best to get to the soution: players who have the problem and infos about the problem- moderators who pass on the information - developers who look into it.

Unfortuntely very few players in this community section have reached out and reported to have the same error you have. It is not a well-known problem yet. I'll keep looking out for players who report a similar problem and asking them for gaming details

As for your case, please contact Player Support directly from your game, they might be of a better assistance in this problem 🙂

📱How to contact Player Support from mobile devices: open soda app - visit settings- click "?" Icon- visit "event and challenges"- "4 in a row"- scroll down and click "contact us". Explain your problem and send.

Thanks!

• yvettes1004
    yvettes1004 Posts: 5 Pro Player 👑

I completely agree with minnaj. It has nothing to do with my operating system. Whatever changes you made to the game to try to "play with friends" are making it unable to play 4 in a Row for days. I did all the steps of clearing my cache, checking my updates etc, before contacting you. It took 3 days to be able to play. I am sure the developers can put a fail safe I the game that allows you to change your players each time you sign into the game.

• Pitty_Kitty
    edited July 2022

Hello @yvettes1004 @yvettes

No said it is your devices fault.

But when troubleshooting steps fail to work as you mention then it is already clear it's not the device fault and the game has most likely an issue.

in that case, we moderators (who are not King employees) are asked to gather information from the players so the Soda Studio team from King can investigate the problem.

especially in relation to a new feature being tested. I still have the old version of 4 in a row so I'm not familiar with your issue.🙂

Information can include screenshots of the problem, game information (user ID number and Soda app version) and device information (model and software version)

For a simple reason. Different versions of the game are being released to players and their devices.

The user ID associated to your game account and device model are the most helpful information I can pass on to developers.

I'm not asking you sensitive information such as your email address, to be clear

If you can help me and the Studio Team with your collaboration that would be great. When I hear back from the community manager and I have official infos on what's going on with this version of 4 in a row, I communicate them on the community.

If you can't help, that's fine too. In this case I suggest you to contact Player Support from the game and report this issue to them 🙂

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?