Rescue Buddies not gathering points?

Options
kelligifford
kelligifford Posts: 10 Level 2
edited September 2022 in Support

It has been a few days now and the session I'm in now of rescue buddies is still not collecting points. I have done all that has been recommended to me. Game is updated, enough memory on device, etc. The only thing I can't do is do a troubleshoot. I cannot find how to do that. I could use a little help please. Thanks, Kelli.

ยซ1

Answers

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 15,123 Soda Moderator
    Options

Hello @kelligifford

Do you mean with โ€œcollecting pointsโ€ the stars? Rescue buddies only works on new levels to play. So if you replay older levels no stars will be added. When you play a new level, you will see the number of stars as points score. Example: if you win a new level to play with 3 stars, you will see 3 points ๐Ÿ™‚

I donโ€™t think you need to do troubleshooting, but if you want, here is how to:

provided you saved your progress with a King account, log out of the game - clear the cache ->ย not dataย ย that will delete your boosters - power off your device for at least 1 minute - restart your device - check for game and device updates - log back into the game. Also make sure you have at least 2GB free memory storage to run the game smoothly and try to connect to a WiFi connection instead of using cellular data.

Clear cache in Android: go to settings - tap on apps - tap on candy crush soda - tap on storage - tap on clear cache (not dataโ—๏ธ)

Clear cache in iOS: go to settings - tap on Safari - tap on Clear history and website data.

• kelligifford
    edited September 2022
    Options

Hi yosca.

I have been playing candy crush for years. I am also on level 7971. Even playing new levels, which I do many times per day, does not add to star total in rescue buddies event. There is 2 days left on the event. I will try clearing my cache and see if that helps.

Thank you for your time.

Edit: cleared cache, turned device off and on, both app and device are up to date and have more than enough memory. Still not collecting stars. Thanks so much for your help. I'm getting very frustrated so gonna let time run out on this event and see if the next one actually works.

• Yosca
    Options

Hi again @kelligifford

That's weird that you don't see an addition of points even though you're playing new levels.๐Ÿค” Can you show me a screenshot of your Rescue Buddies? https://www.take-a-screenshot.org

And can you tell me what make and model is your device you are playing the game on? Rescue Buddies has been available a few times now in the game, have you had this before with the stars/points not being added?

I'd appreciate it if you could give me this info. If we receive more reports, we can pass this on to the CM.

• stretchynopants
    Options

Not working on windows10 platform either, New stars do not add to my progress

• kelligifford
    Options

Good afternoon all.

This is the screenshot you asked for Yosca. Also to answer your other questions. This is not the first time playing rescue buddies. I have had zero issues with it until this time. Also I play the game on Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra. Not an old device at all and yes it is fully updated.

Thanks so much for all your help.

Kelli.

• Yosca
    Options

I will pass it on to the CM as I have no explanation if you do play new levels but no points are added @kelligifford Please send me your Game ID, ๐Ÿ‘‰ here is how to find. Btw if you tag me; type @yosca and when you see my name in bold please tap it. So I know where to respond ๐Ÿ˜‰

• kelligifford
    Options

@Yosca

Game ID is 1023377595

Again thanks so much for your help.

• fromafar3
    fromafar3 Posts: 7 Level 2
    edited September 2022
    Options

Rescue Buddies is not accumulating stars for me as well. The very first round of Rescue Buddies went smoothly and I reached the end and won the prize. The next round of Rescue Buddies and this current round, I have been unable to accumulate stars after firing the cannon the first time. I didn't bother report it when it initially happened because it's time consuming but after seeing this thread by 'kelligifford' having the same issue I decided to post. I have following all the instructions given above. I play on Windows 10 and on my IPhone8. My King ID is 10008170827. What other information would you like to help solve this issue?

• Yosca
    Options

Hello @fromafar3 welcome to the Community. Are you seeing no points being added in Rescue Buddies on both devices?

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?