Charges by unauthorised person

KerryHansenLahey
KerryHansenLahey Posts: 3 Newbie

Hi - Our friend's downs syndrome son picked up my Samsung Tablet over the week-end and found the Candy Crush Soda whilst I was talking to his mother. During this time he made several purchases of extra items totalling approximately $640.00. I would like to discuss the option of a refund as he did not know what he was purchasing.

Thanks for your time.

Kerry.

Answers

• Jelly_Jenny
    Jelly_Jenny Posts: 1,889 Community Manager

Hi Kerry, 

Please take a look at our purchases page to find out how to request for a refund:https://goo.gl/MR7Eq9

To avoid unauthorized or accidental purchases on your device please ensure you follow these steps: support.google.com/googleplay/answer/1626831 

I hope this helps!

Jenny 

• KerryHansenLahey

Thank you Jelly Jenny. Unfortunate we contacted google play and they responded that they would not refund or assist in any way. We need to reachnout to king.com now for assistance.

Please advise how we can go about seeking a refund on these purchases, especially the 3 large purchases of $159.99 as i can not afford this and need for it to be refunded.

Thanks in advance.

Kerry Lahey.

• Jelly_Jenny

For further support I recommend contacting us through the game app the purchases were made:

- Open the game- Tap on the left bottom corner- Tap ? mark- Choose the appropriate category - Select "Contact us" at the bottom

Jenny 

• KerryHansenLahey

Hi Jenny,

I can try and do this but in the mean time are you able to have someone look into this as King.Com is the creator of the app and is overall responsible for the purchases. The app changed where the in-app purchases are made and made it much easier for the young boy to click on the purchases. 

I will send you a list of the purchases that  I require refunds for. I am also liaising with my bank to work through this situation.

Please advise ASAP.

Thanks,

Kerry.

• Jelly_Jenny

Hi Kerry, 

Please do contact us through the game app like suggested. This is how we can look into this. 

I have also sent you a private message here in King Care with further details regarding your account. You'll find the message from the inbox on the right upper corner. 

Cheers!

Jenny 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?