Candy Crush Soda Saga Sound Track Remains On When One Moves To Another Window

Options
SativaGummi
SativaGummi Posts: 62 Level 2

Up until now, after playing a game, one might take a look at one's browser for something, and as soon as one left the Candy Crush Soda window, the soundtrack stopped. As of the most recent update, the soundtrack remains on unless you manually turn it off in the settings or close its window, altogether. I hope that the techs will fix this. I play both Candy Crush and Candy Crush Soda SO often that I just like to leave the programs open, but don't want to hear the soundtrack when I'm not playing the game. The soundtrack for Candy Crush still turns off when you go to a different window, as it should.

Answers

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator
    Options

Hello @SativaGummi and welcome to Soda community!

I believe the change is intended but I'm not sure. Thanks for your feedback, I'll pass it to community manager and find more information about this.

• SativaGummi
    Options

Thank you. It seems to be the soundtrack that starts with the jazzy, baritone sax, but it seems to be happening less, today, so it may have been just a temporary glitch. I'll continue to keep an "ear" on it.

• SativaGummi
    edited May 2023
    Options

This is definitely still happening. It SEEMED like it was happening less, because I was leaving off on the first screen after losses, in which case it does not happen, but if one leaves from the main screen the jazzy soundtrack, starting with the baritone, perhaps, even bass saxophone, does not cut off, when changing to a different window. Techs, PLEASE, change this back to the way it's always been, so I don't have to manually mute the track, in the game's settings, each time I take a break to do a little browsing.

• Pitty_Kitty
    Options

Hi!

Yes, it's not a glitch. It's not only the music that keeps going on, it's the whole game. If you take a look the animations too don't pause when you change windows.

Though I haven't heard from community manager about this is yet

• SativaGummi
    Options

Now, Candy Crush is doing it, too, as of just this evening, because it was not doing it, this morning. I can't imagine why the techs would think that the players would find this desirable. What purpose does it serve? Now, if you don't manually mute the soundtracks in BOTH games or shut the apps down entirely, you will continually hear BOTH soundtracks playing, regardless of what else you may have chosen to do. I have been accustomed to simply tapping on my browser icon, if there's something else I need to hear. We need to know exactly what the techs' rationale for doing this is.

• SativaGummi
    Options

OK, Candy Crush is NOT doing it. It did it just once. Candy Crush Soda is still doing it, so I have "solved" the problem by just leaving the soundtrack muted, which is kind of a shame, because I enjoy the soundtrack . . . just not when I'm not playing the game.

• Pitty_Kitty
    Options

Hello @SativaGummi

CM confirmed that this change is intended.

I'll be forwarding your comments

• SativaGummi
    Options

Thank you for doing so. I can't imagine what they think this change accomplishes.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?