Issues with Rescue Buddies

Options
miranstarr
miranstarr Posts: 6 Level 2
edited June 2023 in Support

This seems to be an ongoing issue with my game. I play on both my laptop and an Android phone and the issue arises on both.

1) Stars are not counting on multiple levels

2) I had already taken down 3 targets and was 4/14 on the 4th target. A few minutes ago, the game was having problems finding an internet connection (it's seems to be a game issue I have intermittently). I closed out of the game and reopened it and found that the game had reset my progress and I lost the targets I had already taken down.

I've done the log off, clear cache thing but the problem shows up every time a Rescue Buddies event starts and I only have issues with Rescue Buddies. All the other events work fine for me.

Answers

• AllowMe
    AllowMe Posts: 9 Level 2
    Options

Couldn’t tell you..

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hello @miranstarr and welcome to Soda community!

I'm sorry to hear that, I'm happy to pass on your report

Please provide the following infos:

• what's the make and model of your device?
    • what is the latest version of Soda app? (you may need to visit device setting, apps, Candy Crush Soda Saga, read app version number)
    • what is your game ID number? Here's how to find it
    • also please share a screenshot of your candytown map and screenshot of inside Rescue

Thanks

-----

how to take a screenshot: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

Save the image on your device storage if you use a computer.

Upload the image from your device to this forum discussion. Click the icon circled in red that shows a mountain:

• miranstarr
    edited June 2023
    Options

Unfortunately, I did not take a screenshot of when the Rescue Buddies reset happened. After I reopened the app, there was a loading screen when the Rescue Buddies event popped up and then it said it was looking for a partner and it picked someone totally different from who I had previously (I play with a random partner because ppl on my Friends list either aren't very active or don't reply to requests in a timely manner). With the boosters won from the Wonderballs and daily check-in, I've managed to take down 4 targets and am 12/14 on target 5. I will include a screenshot of what my new game looks like though:

• I play on a Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G (Android version 13) and an Acer Predator Helios 300 laptop (Win 11)
    • Game ID is 1597926658
    • On my phone, the game version is 1.244.5 and on my laptop it is 1.244.400.0

• Pitty_Kitty
    Options

Hello @miranstarr

Thanks for shairing. It's okay if you didn't take a screenshot of the moment the feature reset. There are different versions of Rescue buddies with different levels of difficulty out there, so a picture of your current situation is very helpful.

Do you usually play new levels using both your PC and mobile device for the same round of Rescue Buddies? Or do you alternate devices to play different rounds of Rescue Buddies or any other feature?

• miranstarr
    Options

Yes, I do play on both my phone and laptop for the same round depending on where I am (ie break/lunch during work or on the bus, I'll play on my phone to pass time). When Rescue Buddies first started last year, I never had any issues with stars not counting or the event being reset. That started this year. In fact, my first post here was in Jan 2023 to ask if Rescue Buddies was stuck lol. I've even played a few Rescue Buddies events between Jan and now with no issues. As of this morning, the game is working fine after the reset. Any stars I've won and any targets I've taken down while playing on my phone will transfer when I open the app on my PC and Rescue Buddies loads and vice versa. Usually if the event resets, it's during target #1 which I'm not too fussed about. I'm just mad that if the event hadn't reset, my previous partner and I would be finished with it by now. It was a lot of hard work wasted, especially since the upper levels are so hard to beat without boosters.

All the other events load properly for me. For example, I played Shipmates on my laptop and sunk 2 of my opponents' ships. Later at night, I opened the app on the phone and all the info (hits/misses, sunk ships) was the same. It's just Rescue Buddies that I have problems with.

• Pitty_Kitty
    Options

Thanks, forwarded 👌

I'll let you when I hear back from community manager

Do let me know if this keeps happening

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?