Candy Crush Soda Saga

Options
nana03Mag
nana03Mag Posts: 6 Level 2
edited August 2023 in Discussions

I've been playing this game OFFLINE on my PC for years. Somehow it was switched to ONLINE. How do I get back to OFFLINE? Also it now is telling me there's no connection. All my team members are OFFLINE except for me. I'm not getting my boosters. The other day it went back to OFFLINE then when I went to play later it was switched back to ONLINE again. Am not getting any answers from King. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Comments

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hello @nana03Mag and welcome to Soda community!

If your Soda Windows app is offline then you would not be able to contact King Player Support from the app, I'm afraid.

Have you been seeing this kind of message for all these years?

• nana03Mag
    Options

None of the above.. I've been playing OFFLINE for years on my PC. Just recently it says ONLINE and it says cannot connect to the server. Somehow it got switched fromOFFLINE to ONLINE. Didn't have a problem until a few days ago. How do I fix this??? I'm on level 5332 and I don't want to have to uninstall it then start all over again. My other King games are OFFLINE and I don't have any problem with them.

• Pitty_Kitty
    Options

Hello @nana03Mag

Just recently it says ONLINE and it says cannot connect to the server. Somehow it got switched from OFFLINE to ONLINE.

Then I'm afraid I don't understand what's going on here, one sentence contradicts the other 😅

Despite what the game app says (offline/online label might be only graphic glitch if the app works okay) and if device internet connection is turned on, is the game app actually not connecting to the server the real problem here?

There's no custom setting inside the game app to turn off the connection and make it display "offline".

Either the internet connection is purposefully turned off in the computer while playing so all King games are forced to be offline or the device internet connection is turned on but the game app got damaged and is offline as a result. But the latter is the result of a problem happening inside the specific game app and not the player's choice to make the game app offline.

By reinstalling the app, any connection issue or damage the game app might have will be fixed and if device internet connection is turned on, the game app will be able to connect to servers and will show it's online and not offline. that is how Soda and all King games work.

However when the app is reinstalled, all boosters are deleted because those are saved on device local storage only.

Only gold bars and progress made while the app was online and logged in to a game account can be retrieved after reinstalling the app. Any recent progress made while the game app was in fact offline or not logged in to any game account will be deleted because the app was not connecting to King servers and syncing progress correctly while levels were being played. This is why King recommends to use a game account (and internet connection) to save progress.🙂

There's a risk of losing progress but it's totally okay if the players wish to play the game when device internet connection is turned off. King customer service is able to manually restore progress and purchased items, if they get lost in any case. Check out the guide here

• nana03Mag
    Options

Sorry you are mistaken. A few years ago I downloaded and installed the game from Microsoft games on my PC which was Always played OFFLINE. Other King games are also on my desktop and they all work. I do not have to be online to play them nor do I have to be online to play Soda crush. The problem is on on the game my team players all say offline which was how mine always was until a few days ago. Then it says online. Now I CANNOT receive lives from my team nor can I send them any. I reinstalled the game and it's the same thing.

• ladelita
    ladelita Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

me pasa lo mismo con este juego no carga ,no conectarme y no recibo respuesta ,por favor resolver este problema

• Pitty_Kitty
    Options

Hello @nana03Mag

No, I'm not mistaken but we're struggling to understand each other which makes the conversation difficult.

The games can be played offline if the players decide to turn off or not have any device internet connection, which I assume is what you do?

If internet connection is turned off, players can still play levels and use boosters. The boosters and progress will be solely saved on your device local storage which has the risks I explained in my comment above.

So yes, you don't have to have internet connection and can be offline to play the map levels of games.

But with internet connection off, syncing progress is not possible and some features don't work properly because they're social activities and need internet connection. Like Rescue Buddies, Shipmates, 4 in a Row etc and the newly updated lives system of course.

The app needs to be online to connect to King servers to allow Soda players "to meet" and ask and send lives among themselves.

if you reinstalled the app and have internet connection turned on but still struggle to receive lives, that it's the lives feature fault.

Other players struggle to receive lives from friends.

Soda Studio is aware of such issues related to lives and has informed us that fixes will be released soon.

If internet connection is purposefully turned off, because it's the player's decision, and lives system doesn't work as a result then me or customer service can't offer help with the lives system.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?