Please boot inactive players/sitters/blockers in 4 in a row.

Options
RayneStorm1313
RayneStorm1313 Posts: 7 Level 2
edited September 2023 in Discussions

It should not take 4 days to complete one row.

All of the completed checks on this board are mine.

This is frustrating.

Either boot people who take squares just to block people... or allow 4 squares (instead of only 2) to the people who want to play.

EDIT:... OR allow us to remove our own checks after 24 hours, so we can play a new board.

Comments

• ZoLOLogist
    ZoLOLogist Posts: 98 Level 2
    Options

I completely understand your frustration. It happens to me all the time.

I think most of the problem is that it automatically loads you into a new board whether you can play or not.

People sit on tiles because they think they HAVE to choose a tile when it tells them to, they think they'll get a reward if they just sit on a tile, or they intend to do the task, but life gets in the way.

I think they should

1. Make 4-in-a-row opt-in, like Shipmates. It should not automatically load people into a board.
    2. Allow EVERYONE to complete as many tasks as they want. Some players can do that already. Many of us can't.
    3. Let us leave a board/team that hasn't completed the board after 48 hours and/or do a better job at pairing players who play a lot with others who play a lot. I don't want to be paired with someone who only plays once a week.
  • RayneStorm1313
    RayneStorm1313 Posts: 7 Level 2
    edited September 2023
    Options

Thank you for your reply.

I would be happy with any of your suggestions.

I realize some people may not understand how to play, and I accept that... But... If a person feels they must choose a square, even if they don't complete it, why choose one of the two squares needed to complete a row (which adds 2 more days for the person trying to complete it), instead of choosing one of the other 12 squares?

It locks the person who is playing onto that board for multiple days, keeping them from playing anything else.

Is there no way to fix this?

If some people have unlimited moves, and others do not, what is that based on? How does a person obtain unlimited moves?

• ZoLOLogist
    ZoLOLogist Posts: 98 Level 2
    Options

I've thought about it, and I can't say for sure what's in other people's heads, but I believe people who block can do it intentionally and unintentionally. Some intentionally do it so you won't finish the row before they get back. Others may intend to do the task, but real life gets in the way.

The solutions are the ones I listed.

• If you have to opt-in to play, most people won't opt-in just before they quit playing for the day.
    • If you have unlimited tasks, then you can just start work on another row if you get blocked.
    • If you're only playing with other players as active as you are, then you'll all usually want to finish in about the same amount of time.

I don't know how they pick who gets what feature, whether it's random or what. No idea. Like anything else in the game, some people have certain things and other people have different things. Just like some people get to watch ads for extra moves and boosters, and some people don't.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?