4 in a Row - Have you been left hanging by uncompleted task?

Options
SApple2
SApple2 Posts: 2,559 Level 4

How many have been left hanging by players by either not completing the task or just picking a tile without any intention of completing it just to block the row?

Example: This player went offline with just 3 red candies left to complete the task. Intentional or not? πŸ€”

Please take the poll every time it happens to you. I'm wondering the frequency.

Thanks! πŸ™‚

4 in a Row - Have you been left hanging by uncompleted task? 9 votes

Yes. I have been left hanging and I think it's intentional
44%
KerriesteventsengZoLOLogistRayneStorm1313 4 votes
Yes. I have been left hanging but I don't think it's intentional
44%
melcar12345Purplelife_50GrammyJanemina230464 4 votes
No. I have never experience it.
11%
KingShuvo 1 vote

Comments

• ZoLOLogist
    ZoLOLogist Posts: 98 Level 2
    Options

To be clear about my vote, I have been left hanging or blocked many times. I believe it happens both intentionally and unintentionally.

I've listed elsewhere the steps the developers could make to remedy this situation. Briefly, I think they should allow all of us to tick as many tiles as we want. Some people already can. Many of us can't.

I also think 4-in-a-row should be opt-in instead of automatically loading people into a new board when they've finished the previous one.

And they should match people who play a similar number of levels each day.

• RayneStorm1313
    RayneStorm1313 Posts: 7 Level 2
    Options

This happens to me far more often than it does not happen. It is happening right now. I could have finished this tonight, now it will take me 2 more days... it will take even longer if I get blocked again.

I like this game, so this is very frustrating.

We should be able to choose 4 squares (at least) instead of 2 in 24 hours, remove inactive players after 24 hours, remove our own completed checks to choose different squares, or remove ourselves from boards that take 3-4 days, so we can play on a new board.

• Kerrie
    Kerrie Posts: 2,264 Level 4
    Options

This happens to me all the time but a tile is picked and no progress is ever made on it.

I think carefully about the tiles I choose now but of course this doesn't always work either.

• SApple2
    Options

Thank you for participating in the poll and for your feedback! πŸ™‚

Since the three of you think that it's intentional and have mentioned that it happens frequently, then the next question is why? Why would numerous players intentionally sabotage a game? What benefit would it give them? It's already difficult to understand if it happens a few times but a lot of times and from a lot of different players? Why?

This is one of the reason I made this poll. I want to know how many are experiencing this. It happens to me often too.

I hope more will participate in this poll so we can all see the pattern.

@ZoLOLogist - when some people already can tick a tile as many as they want, then hopefully it can also happen to those that cannot. It's probably being alternated like the other features. I haven't seen any features that is an opt-in. The one that I would like that to be is the Soda Race.

@RayneStorm1313 - I'm sorry you have to go through that. It is frustrating to wait especially if you need it at that moment. I agree, inactive players should be removed in a given time to give way to those who can finish the tasks.

@Kerrie - it is of no use no matter what tiles we pick if someone will block the completion of the row.

πŸ€—

• SApple2
    Options

Thanks @melcar12345 & @mina230464 for taking the poll! πŸ™‚ You both think it's unintentional which could also possibly be. I would like to believe that but at the same time it's difficult when something like this happened.

When I started playing today, the second tile above already had a check mark. I checked the profiles of the other two players and they were both offline. I completed the three tiles at the bottom and when I was about to tick the last one on the same row, then all of a sudden one of the player who was still offline ticked the last one and it blocked the row. How could that be? I proceeded with playing and finished 15 levels and after it's still the same, no progression and both players are still offline even at this time.

How can players who are offline be able to tick a tile? If it's possible that for some reason it's not registering in their profile that they are online, how come there are no activities if they are truly online?

Is it intentional or do bots really exist? I don't know much about bots but heard of it so I can't really say.

Thanks "lovely five" who participated! This is my first time doing a Poll. Thanks for your input! πŸ€—

Since no one else seem interested in taking this poll, πŸ™‚ I will humbly conclude:

In the realm of things, any change is controlled by those who created the things we participate in. Whether it bothers us or not, whether it's material or immaterial on what goes on in our thought processes, we either accept the unexplainable and continue on or just let go. There's no use to even understand the motivation of people in play, if this is what it is, for we would never know, and we don't have the power to do anything about it or make any changes. We can only voice out our concerns or make suggestions but being heard lie on those willing to hear.

Peace ☺️

• GrammyJane
    GrammyJane Posts: 24 Level 2
    Options
    Yes. I have been left hanging but I don't think it's intentional

I came here to see if others were experiencing this problem. Thanks for making the poll. In my current 4 in a row game, two people marked squares and disappeared days ago, making it impossible to complete 4 of the rows. I completed all the tiles I can but some of the tiles are impossible for me to complete (no red candies in my game, etc.) I hope there will be a way to opt out of a game in a reasonable amount of time when this happens. Thanks!

• SApple2
    Options

Hi @GrammyJane

You're welcome! πŸ™‚ Thanks for participating!

I'm sorry you're going through that. Waiting for several days and not be able to do anything or have any means to get out must have been frustrating. It would be nice to have a way to opt-in and a way to opt-out. Perhaps with more voices we will be heard.

Thanks @Purplelife_50 also for participating!

• steventseng
    steventseng Posts: 10,171 Level 5
    Options

I've given up playing it.

• SApple2
    edited September 2023
    Options

Thanks for participating! πŸ™‚

Nice to know @KingShuvo So far you're the rarity. Hopefully there are more players like you.

On the opposite spectrum, @steventseng you're the one I'm referring to "we either accept the unexplainable and continue on or just let go". I'm sorry you have to resort to that. On my part, I haven't given up yet although it's happening frequently. Similar experience just happened before coming here. It just a nuisance for delaying my game especially in a race. πŸ™

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?