Does any one else find Level 185 to be terribly unbalanced?

Jevon_Kasitch
Jevon_Kasitch Posts: 3 Newbie

I've just put in my 200th play of level 185. I've not come close to a clear. I've made and matched two color balls, I've made and matched two sprinkle candies, I've made countless striped and wrapped matches. But no matter what ones does, cutting thru 6 layer Honey, in only 50 moves is clearly only possible if you get the exact, and I mean the exact right board. I don't mind working at a level, tuning my strategy, and learning. But it's clear that I'm not doing any of those things here. Even when I make the 'right' combo's I need to make at least three or four of them, and have them placed *just* right also. This is just a drudge, and demotivating. 

Answers

• Crusher18
    Crusher18 Posts: 1,286 Level 2

Hey Jevon, I actually haven't reached this level yet but I did find this online. Does your board look like this also? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLMGjUt3UC0

I hope the video helps you to pass. 

• Jevon_Kasitch

Hey Jevon, I actually haven't reached this level yet but I did find this online. Does your board look like this also? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLMGjUt3UC0

I hope the video helps you to pass. 

Yup, seen the vids. And yes, those folks got thru. I've not been as lucky as they have to draw the 'golden board' yet. Again, I don't mind a challenge, and I don't mind spending a few days on a hard level. But there needs to be a decent sized target zone for that golden board to fall into, so one CAN pass in a reasonable amount of time, and not end up feeling like one is clocking in each day to drudge thru a dozen failed plays. I know I can and someday WILL pass it, but I'd sorta like that day to not be 6 months off when the luck gods bonk me. :)
  • Yee_Chin_Lee
    Yee_Chin_Lee Posts: 5 Level 2

About to give up but finally they made this level easier to cross. used up all my gold bars for nothing because it as impossible at the beginning. Make sure you have a hammer handy.

• Jevon_Kasitch

As of today they indeed made the level simpler. They removed one of the five colors if I'm not mistaken, and with that one change, the ability to make specials is greatly increased. I passed the level on my 5th game after the change. I give a proper thanks to King for possibly serving a fix to this level so soon after I made this thread. Or perhaps it was just good timing :) Anyhow onwards!

• Pete_Peppers
    Pete_Peppers Posts: 329 Level 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKo5Hm3tVcI

I just checked the level against the video I made when it first came out and don't notice any difference, but glad you were able to get past it.  It is certainly one of the tougher levels now and I was a little baffled when I first played it too.  The key for me was to carefully plan out how to use each of the specials I made.  You need a few big combos or else the honey will always win.

• Crusher18
    Crusher18 Posts: 1,286 Level 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKo5Hm3tVcI

I just checked the level against the video I made when it first came out and don't notice any difference, but glad you were able to get past it.  It is certainly one of the tougher levels now and I was a little baffled when I first played it too.  The key for me was to carefully plan out how to use each of the specials I made.  You need a few big combos or else the honey will always win.

Love your videos!
  • Jim_Mokarem
    Jim_Mokarem Posts: 1 Newbie

After about 35 dollars I have come to the conclusion I am mildly retarded for investing in this game or any other King games. I have literally used over 350 lives on this level and have not even come close. 19 out of 23 is as close as I have gotten. Thank you for making my wife right once again. Investing in this series of games is absolutely silly. Save your coins folks. 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?