Can't Open Candy Crush Soda

Options
gkeeley
gkeeley Posts: 8 Level 2

Can't open Candy Crush Soda. Says I need Flash. I downloaded Flash, still won't open. Can anyone help?

Best Answer

• Cezdiamond
    Cezdiamond Posts: 6,498 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you everyone who took the time to raise this issue to us. We have located the problem of the sticky Candies, and everything should be running smoothly again now. Let the fun continue! :D

Answers

• Wunderbaum
    Wunderbaum Posts: 4,398 Level 5
    Options

Hi Gkeeley!

Which browser are you using?

I can recommend that you use Google Chrome as it seems to run really well with Flash based games like Soda.

Cheers :-)

• gkeeley
    Options

I am using Firefox. The weird thing is after I couldn't open Candy Crush Soda I tried Candy Crush Saga and it opened just fine.

• gkeeley
    Options

Thank you, I've bookmarked your link so I can check it out later. I really appreciate your help.

• Jan_Long
    Jan_Long Posts: 6 Level 2
    Options

This is not a problem with our browsers, this is a problem with the game.  If you check the comments on the game's Facebook page, a LOT of people are having this issue.  All other King games are loading as usual, it is ONLY Candy Crush Soda Saga that will not load.  I tried contacting so-called Customer Care, but got only an automated message that was no help at all telling me that there would be no further response.  Very frustrating.

• MarkHawk
    MarkHawk Posts: 4,061 Community Manager
    edited December 2015
    Options

Thanks for highlighting this. We are currently investigating the issue.

Current workaround is to play Candy Crush Soda Saga on a mobile device or a tablet.

Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Mark, Team King Care

• Jan_Long
    Jan_Long Posts: 6 Level 2
    Options

I am using Firefox. The weird thing is after I couldn't open Candy Crush Soda I tried Candy Crush Saga and it opened just fine.

I tried all the other King games I play, and all the rest of them work. Something is wrong with Candy Crush Soda Saga, not with our browsers. :(
  • Cap
    Cap Posts: 28 Level 2
    Options

Thanks for highlighting this. We are currently investigating the issue.

Current workaround is to play Candy Crush Soda Saga on a mobile device or a tablet.

Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Mark, Team King Care

I can't do that because I don't have access to those. I hope you're able to fix this issue. I'm confused I have had Adobe Flash installed on my computer for quite awhile and it's always automatically updated.
  • Michael_Stewart
    Michael_Stewart Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Test your Flashplayer here: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.htmlIf it says you have the latest version, don't worry, it's not your computer, it's King's problem. Just wait a few days until their IT guys figure it out. Most likely it's down for server maintenance or something.

• gkeeley
    Options

I have noticed one thing, I don't know if this will help. Some time ago I stopped playing Candy Crush Saga at level 165 because I couldn't get passed that level. Now with Candy Crush Soda down I went back to Candy Crush Saga. The game has been changed to reflect subtle differences. It even looks like they MAY have made the level a little bit easier. Anyway, perhaps KING is making some changes to Candy Crush Soda and that's why that game is down. I wish they'd put up some type of notice so we don't blame the problem on our computers.

• Steve_Baker
    Steve_Baker Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

Telling us to use mobile or tablet is not really an answer, which is what we're looking for, and is a bit insulting from a Customer Care perspective. 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?