Candy Crush Soda is not working

Options
tlf71254
tlf71254 Posts: 1 Newbie

I have not been able to play candy crush soda for weeks because the background is black and the color squares are blinking rapidly and they keep fading in and out..I am very frustrating because I love the game..I can play Candy Crush saga without any problem..help...

Answers

• Carlene_Bouch
    Carlene_Bouch Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

Having the same problem. Which browser do you use?  Google Chrome has the black/flicker issue for me, but Firefox works like normal. Not a fix, but a work-around. Still hoping for a Chrome fix.

Thank-you!! Mine has been doing that since yesterday, so I logged in with Internet Explorer instead of Chrome and it's working fine. Thank you so much!
  • Carlene_Bouch
    Carlene_Bouch Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

I have the same thing you have. It's annoyed too to see the game look like this. Please fix for all of us having the same problem immediately. Thanks.

Larry Miller suggested to use INternet explorer instead of Chrome and it worked for me! Thanks Larry.
  • Corrado_Bortolin
    Corrado_Bortolin Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I have the same thing you have. It's annoyed too to see the game look like this. Please fix for all of us having the same problem immediately. Thanks.

I have the same problem with internet explorer
  • kskalka
    kskalka Posts: 8 Level 2
    Options

I contacted king.com and here was their reply to me. I tried the disabling hardware acceleration which worked for me. "Thank you for contacting King Customer Care.I'm pleased to tell you that the cause of this issue has been identified and is in the progress of being fixed.As Google also need to implement a fix on their side the update might take a couple of weeks before it's live.In the meantime an easy workaround is to disable Hardware Acceleration in your browser. To do this follow these instructions:- While playing Candy Crush Soda on your PC right-click in the game board- Choose Settings- Now un-tick "Enable Hardware Acceleration"- Finally refresh the browser by clicking F5 or closing / reopening the browser.After the following release, which is expected on May 3rd, if you still experience this issue please use this alternative URL to access Candy Crush Soda:https://apps.facebook.com/candycrushsoda/?forceSoftware=trueAdd this address to your favourites/bookmark and use it whenever you'd like to play the game to avoid the issue reoccurring.If you have any further questions or concerns please let me know.Kind regards,EkaterinaKing Customer Care"
  • kskalka
    Options

Having the same problem. Which browser do you use?  Google Chrome has the black/flicker issue for me, but Firefox works like normal. Not a fix, but a work-around. Still hoping for a Chrome fix.

I contacted king.com and here was their reply to me. I tried the disabling hardware acceleration which worked for me. "Thank you for contacting King Customer Care.I'm pleased to tell you that the cause of this issue has been identified and is in the progress of being fixed.As Google also need to implement a fix on their side the update might take a couple of weeks before it's live.In the meantime an easy workaround is to disable Hardware Acceleration in your browser. To do this follow these instructions:- While playing Candy Crush Soda on your PC right-click in the game board- Choose Settings- Now un-tick "Enable Hardware Acceleration"- Finally refresh the browser by clicking F5 or closing / reopening the browser.After the following release, which is expected on May 3rd, if you still experience this issue please use this alternative URL to access Candy Crush Soda:https://apps.facebook.com/candycrushsoda/?forceSoftware=trueAdd this address to your favourites/bookmark and use it whenever you'd like to play the game to avoid the issue reoccurring.If you have any further questions or concerns please let me know.Kind regards,EkaterinaKing Customer Care"
  • kskalka
    Options

Same here! Can play it on my phone but not on my laptop.  I also have Chrome, please fix this!

• kskalka
    Options

I am so happy.  I found an answer, first by checking here and finding that it is a problem and not part of the game. I was using Chrome to play and it was flashing on me. Seeing the technicians here say to try the mobile app to keep playing, I tried going over to Microsoft Edge and it worked.  I'm still doing research on fixing the issue with Chrome, I'll keep you posted, but the workaround is great and now I'm not quite so frustrated.

• kskalka
    Options

It's not really an answer but I switched to IE and it works fine. It's a solution until they fix chrome. Edge on my PC cannot connect to the internet just like the store apps....I can't figure that out....online help wanted$149.95 for do a "advanced troubleshooting". I will live w/o Edge then.

• kskalka
    Options

Having the same problem, but only on my desktop, not my iPad.?

• Dimin450
    Dimin450 Posts: 39 Level 2
    Options

I contacted king.com and here was their reply to me. I tried the disabling hardware acceleration which worked for me.

"Thank you for contacting King Customer Care.

I'm pleased to tell you that the cause of this issue has been identified and is in the progress of being fixed.

As Google also need to implement a fix on their side the update might take a couple of weeks before it's live.

In the meantime an easy workaround is to disable Hardware Acceleration in your browser. To do this follow these instructions:

- While playing Candy Crush Soda on your PC right-click in the game board- Choose Settings- Now un-tick "Enable Hardware Acceleration"- Finally refresh the browser by clicking F5 or closing / reopening the browser.After the following release, which is expected on May 3rd, if you still experience this issue please use this alternative URL to access Candy Crush Soda:

https://apps.facebook.com/candycrushsoda/?forceSoftware=true

Add this address to your favourites/bookmark and use it whenever you'd like to play the game to avoid the issue reoccurring.

If you have any further questions or concerns please let me know.

Kind regards,

EkaterinaKing Customer Care"

Disabling acceleration does not help...just so you know!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?