Fishing tournament is weird in several respects

Options
Ronnie_Allen
Ronnie_Allen Posts: 7 Level 2

I find it hard to believe that the new tournament has just started and the top score is already over 500. Almost every score on the board is equally divisible by 10. I am wondering, quite honestly, if all of the listed players are REAL or if many if not most are non-existent placeholders. I realize that there are some levels where each fish caught scores +10 rather than +1 but I have found NO documentation as to which levels have this. My feeling is that everyone who plays in the tournament should be playing against ALL REAL PLAYERS and no BOGUS players. When almost every score is equally divisible by 10 that seems very suspicious. I would think that, in reality, many if not most are playing levels where each fish scores +1 but that is never reflected in the shown scores. Call them placeholders or bogus or phantom, if this is what is bring done, then I think that King should publicly acknowledge this so that people should know that many if not most players listed are phony. I like the tournament but to spend lots of time competing against non-existent players takes much of the joy out of it. I assume others feel the way I do. Every player listed on the board should be REAL. There should be NO MANIPULATION whatsoever. And King should explain about the +10 levels. 

Answers

• KingsPinn
    KingsPinn Posts: 3,526 Level 2
    Options

Hey. you can only get the +10 fish on your current high level, not on the previous levels where you only get +1. 

Don't forget that there are a lot of players who are crazy for this game, so there will always be players who are way out in front. This part of the game doesn't affect your normal game anyway so if you think its a little dodgy you don't have to participate. 

• Ronnie_Allen
    Ronnie_Allen Posts: 7 Level 2
    Options

KingsPinn, thanks for explaining about the +10. I was never able to find any documentation as to how that works. Your reply here does beg another question. Let's say a person completes Level 729 and earns multiple +10 scores. Can that player go back and play Level 729 again and still get +10 for every fish? Or does it revert back to +1? By the way, I have not seen the word "dodgy" in ages! LOL :) As for my previous comment, I still find it weird that so many players who are instantly listed on "Highscores" have huge scores and then do not increase those scores even by a single fish following that. Unless you tell me otherwise, I find it difficult to believe that all the players listed on "Highscores" are real. I would also like to know the significance of players listed with names starting with "King": are they special? 

• Kan_Nan
    Kan_Nan Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

KingsPinn, thanks for explaining about the +10. I was never able to find any documentation as to how that works. Your reply here does beg another question. Let's say a person completes Level 729 and earns multiple +10 scores. Can that player go back and play Level 729 again and still get +10 for every fish? Or does it revert back to +1? By the way, I have not seen the word "dodgy" in ages! LOL :) As for my previous comment, I still find it weird that so many players who are instantly listed on "Highscores" have huge scores and then do not increase those scores even by a single fish following that. Unless you tell me otherwise, I find it difficult to believe that all the players listed on "Highscores" are real. I would also like to know the significance of players listed with names starting with "King": are they special? 

I think what KingsPinn says is correct. Earlier, I replayed already completed easy levels and got around 50 fishes per level. I was in the top three twice and top 10 four times. Since they changed the rules, playing previous levels get you only 8 - 10 fish per game. I finished all levels. I am at 845. Finished it and waiting for new levels. Until then, I cannot even reach top 50. BUMMER.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?