Can't play any King.com games on Facebook

Robin_Robinnson
Robin_Robinnson Posts: 5 Level 2

I have in the past played Candy Crush, Candy Crush Jelly, Candy Crush Soda, Blossom Blast and Farm Heroes. For over a week now I have been unable to play any of them. I have deleted all of them from Facebook and re installed them and still I get this message " You have experienced an error we are working hard to fix. Please try again in a moment." I have emailed Support and they want me to re install my Facebook account!! I'm not going to delete my Facebook acct. and re-install. Another Fix please?

Answers

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator

Hello @Robin_Robinnson and welcome to Soda community!

I'm confused as to what's going on here 😅.

Which device do you use to play Soda? Please share the make and model and latest version of software installed.

If you play on a computer, do you play the games on Facebook browser or on apps downloaded from Microsoft Store?

Reinstalling and deleting are two different terms. You can't reinstall a Facebook account 😅. I doubt they meant to suggest to delete your FB account; also it doesn't serve anything.

However logging out from your FB account in the games apps and reinstalling Facebook app is a great suggestion in case it's installed in your device. Then restart device, reinstall Facebook app, log in to your Facebook account on Facebook app and log in to your FB on your game apps as well

Let me know

Thanks

• Robin_Robinnson
    Robin_Robinnson Posts: 5 Level 2

Well thanks for your directness Pitty Kitty! Laughter not necessary.

I play on a PC, but my make and model and software are irrelevant. I have played for several years from Facebook app. In other words, I'm on my facebook page and have a quick access icon to each King game. This has worked for years. Now, for the last week, I just get the error message and they are working to solve the issue, Try again in a moment.

As I continued to read....

I left the games in Facebook and downloaded each game off Windows Store. Still can't play in Facebook browser but can from PC app listings except for Candy Crush Soda. Candy Crush Soda won't open. I just started Microsoft Edge but use mostly Google Chrome. I'm not sure what browser is being used when I open the other King games but Soda won't open.

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator

Hello @Robin_Robinnson

No laughter emoji was used, only emojis directed at my awkwardness/confusion about this situation 🙂

Details about devices are always asked because they help us understand the situation as a whole. Without those please note I might not be able to help you find a solution.

In the meantime, I understand Soda app that was downloaded from Microsoft Store is not able to launch at all? Please check whether you have the latest version of Visual C++ Redistributable installed. Guidelines and the link to Microsoft page to download it can be found here

As for the browsers, did try to clear cache (here for more infos) and check if they're up to date (here for more infos)?

In case the issue persists, what is your player ID number? You may retrieve it from any King game that is logged to the same account. You may retrieve it from Facebook as shown here or any King game app as shown here

Also please share screenshots of what you see when you try to open Soda on browser

thanks

-----------

how to take a screenshot: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

Save the image on your device storage if you use a computer.

Upload the image from your device to this forum discussion. Click the icon circled in red that shows a mountain:

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?