Notification missing in Bake a cake!?

Options
michimune
michimune Posts: 222 Level 3

If other teammates are baking the same slice, the playing teammates' avatar will appear at the top of the screen before I press the bake button. If no teammates are playing, it will have a notification at the top say: Right now! No other teammates are playing this slice.

After I have updated the game to the latest version, this notification and the Recipe no. have disappeared. How can I know whether someone are baking the slice from this version?

Answers

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,007 Soda Moderator
    Options

Hello @michimune and welcome to Soda community!

My game is also updated to the latest version and I still saw the recipe numbers. 🤔

I'm not informed of any changes either

In the meantime please check troubleshooting steps and let me know if the issue persists afterwards:

• Do you read a red connection error message ("there was a connection error, try again in a bit") when you visit profile settings in soda app? Let me know if you do have it because you can't log out and log in to your account. You can't contact King Player Support from your app too.

If you don't see this kind of error message, please go ahead and:

• check for Soda and device updates
    • check that your device has at least 2 GB of free storage
    • provided you have a King account to save your progress try to log out- close game - clear cache* - restart device - open game - log in and pass any level to make sure you reconnected to the server
    • you might need to repeat the steps above 3-4 times

*it depends on on the type of the device. Read all details here.

If you own Android mobile, visit device Settings - Apps - Candy Crush Soda Saga - Storage - Clear Cache. Be careful not to click "clear data" which deletes your boosters

If you own Apple mobile, visit Settings - Safari - Clear History and Website Data

If you own a Kindle fire, check this out

it's not possible to do in Microsoft app on computer

• Pitty_Kitty
    Options

If the issue still persists please let me know.

Kindly provide additional details so I can forward a report:

• player ID number. Here's how to retrieve it
    • make and model of device
    • screenshots of the game

Thank you for your help

----

how to take a screenshot: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

Save the image on your device storage if you use a computer.

Upload the image from your device to this forum discussion. Click the icon circled in red that shows a mountain:

• michimune
    Options

Dear Pitty_Kitty,

You said you are not informed of any changes from your colleagues. But it has happened to me. It is very strange that actions are faster than speaking.

Do you know there are two different versions of normal levels display? Old version have top 20 scores at the bottom --- very good, and new version have nothing at the bottom --- very bad. Although the graphics design of level display in new version is more beautiful, but the score is a very vital information for players also. I had the new level display month ago. I think you are still the old version with score at the bottom.

After I have updated my soda to the latest version, the recipe display in Bake a cake changes immediately. It becomes similar to the normal levels display. A same style of graphic design, but no recipe number and notification.

Please communicate with your colleagues. How can a player realise whether someone are baking the slice from this display version?

If you want a screenshot, I can do it for you. But I think you can get this from your design colleagues.

• Boombalatty
    Boombalatty Posts: 35 Level 2
    Options

Any updates as to why so many people are experiencing the greyed-out play button on Bake a Cake? My teammates and I couldn't bake the very last slice and now we don't get the rewards. Time to zip up my coin purse on this game.

• Pitty_Kitty
    edited March 20
    Options

Hello @michimune

Forum moderators like me don't have a role in game development. They are players like you who have the task to help with moderation and communication between fellow players and Community Manager, who is a King employee, and Soda Studio who develop the game of course. 🙂

As I mentioned earlier, it is not known yet whether the behavior you're describing is intended or not.

I'm happy to assist in order to find some clarity and confirmation by forwarding a report to Community Manager, as we always do in situation like these. CM and people in Soda Studio might be busy and it might take time to receive an answer, which often is about needing gaming details from the player if they're not presented first.

This is why a standard report, in addition to your messages, facilitates the arrival of a final answer from Soda Studio as soon as possible.

- troubleshooting steps checked

- make and model of device

- player ID number

-screenshots

Hope this clear things up 🙂

• michimune
    Options

Dear Pitty_Kitty,

No Recipe no.

No notification

Repeated jail information

A moderator is an important communication bridge between studio and soda players. If the studio staff respect your functions, they should provide All the latest information or changes inside the game to you, otherwise a moderator cannot do her job well.

Last time Shipmates changed to new version, from teammates to one man band. I don't know that and asked in this support forum. Another moderator ---Yosca thought this is a glitch, and suggested me to do the troubleshooting steps. After Yosca and the studio have several conversations. She finally knew this is a new version. Players have to get cannonballs by themselves. If the studio and the moderator have a good communication, she could have provided an accurate and swift answer to me.

I am looking forward to your reply

My question is ---

How can a player realise whether someone are baking the slice from this display version and which slice no.a player will play before he press the bake button?

• Pitty_Kitty
    Options

Hello @michimune

No need to repeat your message 🙂

Appreciate your screenshot a lot, I'll pass it on.

I'm very aware of what happened in Shipmates from moderator point of view. yes, troubleshooting steps are always suggested first. This is what happened here as well even though I didn't get confirmation from this conversation.

Conversation with CM will happen, don't worry. We might receive some clarity about this eventually with what is available. It might take longer without game details asked above from players who have direct experience so I appreciate your patience.

And I know my functions are respected, don't worry. I can say Yosca and me can do our job well within our possibilities and limitations our moderating roles as non King employees entail🙂

Have a lovely day

• steventseng
    steventseng Posts: 9,714 Level 5
    Options

Thanks for the stickers, the patterns are quick to understand. I have 2 versions of the cake but I have never seen this happen and I didn't understand what you mean until now.

• michimune
    Options

Dear @Pitty_Kitty

I have been waiting for your answer almost one month.

What is the updated information about my question of you obtained from studio?

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?