Since your last Candy Crush Soda update, app keeps crashing

Options
Beth_Lipson
Beth_Lipson Posts: 3 Newbie

Since your last app update, it keeps crashing. Not fixed by by Force Stop, and rebooting my Kindle Fire XP. With great difficulty, I was was able to delete the app, and download it again, but when opening the app, it won't let me click on Previously Played so I could sign in via Facebook. It closes, going back to loading the game in an endless loop I'm on the 3000+ level, yet can't access it.😠😠. I go to Play, it shows me as a cartoon animal, yet when I click the on it, the edit button is greyed, prohibiting me to change it.

Answers

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,007 Soda Moderator
    Options

Hello @Beth_Lipson and welcome to Soda community!

If you use a Facebook account to save your progress, then you change your avatar picture by changing the picture of your Facebook account. If you use a King account, which doesn't seem the case here, then this update applies.

As for the crashing problem I'm sorry to hear that. Let's try to find out what's going on.

Could please check out this article and make sure your FB settings are ok:

https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-soda-saga/kb/articles/2837-i-can-t-play-on-log-into-facebook-social-gaming-update

Is your device software updated to the latest version too? What is the current version installed?

Let me know if you still experience this issue.

thanks

• Beth_Lipson
    edited April 13
    Options

My device is up to date. I'll reiterate my statement. It's not my device. After deleting the APP, and then downloading it again , the opening page asks if I've played before, which I click, but then it just goes back to reloading again , and again,and again, without asking me to log in nor, nor allowing me to connect with Facebook. So, your response re: my inability to edit my picture: the Edit button doesn't process at all. Maybe your IT team needs to fix the app, since your last update ruined it?

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,007 Soda Moderator
    Options

Hello @Beth_Lipson

Your post is referring to different issues. You mentioned the problem about the avatar picture in your post, so I assumed this was important to you and I answered.🙂

I'm not part of any IT team, I'm not a King employee either. I'm a player who helps moderating the forum and also forwards problem reports from fellow players to community manager (from King) who is able to directly look into it and find out what's going on.

In a problem report we normally gather gaming details and also device general details since the game itself is supported on multiple platforms of different devices.

Of course I can just ask community manager's opinion on this.🙂

• Beth_Lipson
    Options

If you could pass this on to a Community Manager, I would appreciate you doing that. If the latest APP was working properly, it would allow me to connect via FB. I may have to wait until it's next update for this problem to be fixed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?