After Ad screen goes black - (Collecting details for investigation)!

Answers

• Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Hi all,

I apologize in behalf of the team - we know how frustrating this issue is and, as mentioned previously, we take the fix as a priority. The information regarding your devices is of great help, as well as  your post (@Khanada_Natasha) as it helps us narrow down the problems and try to solve it once and for all. I cannot specify a concrete time for the fix, since we do not know when will we be able to fix it.

All I can confirm is that this is indeed a priority for us, that we are working on a fix and that I will be here to inform you as soon as there are more updates.

Cheers,
    Xarly
  • Bedriche
    Bedriche Posts: 3 Newbie
    There seems to be another related issue too. Sometimes my boosters are also black. I don't have a screenshot but will take one when it next happens. Same issue with the black screen. iPhone XR iOS 12.3.1
  • CEG-2
    CEG-2 Posts: 94 Level 3
    Have tried watching ad all the way through, still locks up with black screen.
  • Suzie-4
    Suzie-4 Posts: 28 Level 2
    Game is now not worth playing.just like CEG-2 above, the screen goes black after the whole ad every time now. This applies to all ads for boosters and extra lives.Only way out is to shut down device and reboot it.  So one game only before reboot needed. What a rubbish situation.
  • Suzie-4
    Suzie-4 Posts: 28 Level 2
    Forgotto say. Playing on ios12 and iphone 6s. Same problem with both.
  • Khanada_Natasha
    Khanada_Natasha Posts: 4 Newbie
    Meant to say iPhone 5s and iOS 12.3.1
  • fourchrisi
    fourchrisi Posts: 8 Level 2
    Would like to chime in as I too have been having this same problem (screen goes black and game freezes after an ad plays) for over a week now.  I play on an iPad and my device system version is up-to-date.  Since I am new to this community, will we get notified when the fix is made?
  • RipplesGuy
    RipplesGuy Posts: 8 Level 2
    Would like to chime in as I too have been having this same problem (screen goes black and game freezes after an ad plays) for over a week now.  I play on an iPad and my device system version is up-to-date.  Since I am new to this community, will we get notified when the fix is made?
    Hi @fourchrisi,
    Thank you for chiming in. My sense is that we won't necessarily be notified here, usually with bug issues like this, the game developers start working on how to replicate the problem and then dig into the code to see what is causing it and how to fix it without messing up someone else. It may unfortunately take a few weeks, but my sense from earlier comments is that they are AWARE that the issue exists and that it is affecting game play for lots of us. It seems that for many of us, we are able to avoid the issue by watching the entire ad without hitting the "skip ad" button. But I gather that for some people, the black screen pops up even if they let the entire ad run until the very end. Can you clarify which is true for you?

• CEG-2
    CEG-2 Posts: 94 Level 3
    Mine continues to black-out even if I watch the entire ad.  
  • Dawnie66
    Dawnie66 Posts: 13 Level 2
    Thanks @Xarly for this update, and to everyone who took the time to REPORT the problem. So often it takes longer to fix inevitable bugs because people don't necessarily report them right away. I'm sure it helped escalate the issue by seeing just how many people were being impacted by the same issue. (I was able to fold all my laundry during the time it took to play one of those r-e-a-l-l-y l-o-n-g ads!)
    -RipplesGuy

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?