New feature - Mr Toffee's Fair!

Comments

• Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    Funny how all the features that offered decent rewards like the quests, rocket race and fishing and striped candy tournaments were all “underperforming” but these new features that offer lousy rewards are the greatest and performing how they had hoped even though there are 80 pages of this thread alone that disagree 100%. The bottom line is they do not care at all about what the players want. It’s all about money. 
    I don’t - and never will - spend money on these free games but I do for laughs occasionally look at the prices of the various “deals” available on the 4 King games that I play.  The prices(at least the most prominent ones that are incessantly pushed via pop-ups) have increased substantially for those foolish enough to spend actual money on these games. In some instances they make no sense at all; on farm heroes I can get a “value pack” of 9 gold bars, one shovel, and one color collector for 99 cents.  I am also graciously allowed to purchase a so-called “better” value pack featuring a whopping 10 gold bars and the same two actual boosters for the bargain-basement price of 2.99!  So a “better” value equates to 1 additional gold bar for an extra $2?  Why do people spend their hard-earned money on these games whose rules can fluctuate at any given time with no recourse to the player at all?

• candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    My current Mr. Toffee board has 4 tiles left.  Win a frosting level—not on one.  Win a hard level—not on one.  Use a lollipop hammer (refuse to use a booster on Mr. Toffee as a matter of principle).  Earn 5 stars.  Played my 30 minutes of lives tonight and failed to complete that task.  With what I was able to do yesterday, I could have completed 3 of those tiles, but alas, am only allowed two ticks per day!  And therein lies one of the problems with Mr. Toffee.  
  • Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 14,846 Soda Moderator
    The problem with the new features is that you cannot ignore them. You have to participate in the squad in the first instance. If you don't do anything anymore, your share in the team is therefore 0 points, and you can receive the rewards that the others have gathered together ... With MTF you will always see a pop-up that you have not yet picked up a task for. With quests you could open or not, your choice. So the data will always be more positive with MTF and such. In addition, if you no longer get boosters in any other way, you don't buy them, you are actually forced to participate in the new features. So the outcome will always be that MTF and Squad are more "appreciated" than Quests.
  • candysodacrusher
    @Yosca. Exactly!  And with MTF, if you select a task and realize it doesn’t suit the level you just started, then you have to go back and select a different more suitable task.  More interaction with the feature?  Yes.  More fun?  No.
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for your reports but I need to ask you, again, to stay respectful. Our game is free to play, and Mr. Toffee's fair is a side quest that provides an extra way of collecting boosters in an optional way. I have mentioned plenty of times that we are working on addressing your feedback (and that lowering the difficulty drastically was the first move towards it). Games are meant to be fun. If you are at a point where you feel like insulting me (like some have) or like insulting others (like some also have), then you really need to take a break. If you don't, and keep breaking the rules, then I'm afraid we are left no option but to ban or edit those. I will go ahead now and reply to some of the points made:

NaNeeBee said:
    I am not receiving my prizes after the completion of a row of tiles. I play the game on Facebook Gameroom. This has been happening since I started playing Mr Toffee's Fair. But this time I was supposed to get an hour of free lives!  :anguished: 
    Hey @NaNeeBee , Gameroom is not a platform supported by King. If you have issues with that platform, there is nothing we can do here (you can contact Facebook Support if you wish, but we cannot address it or fix anything there from here).

The long and short of it for me is that Mr. Toffee has created a system that instead of adding enjoyment instead stresses me out,  and makes me angry at people I don’t know.  I feel like a chump if I don’t play MT and still feel like one when I am five days in and blocked in every direction.   
    Thanks for the feedback, @susanm9090 . Messages like these are very valuable when sending it to the studio. As mentioned in previous posts, these days they are looking at ways of improving the feature, and player feedback is the main point to take action on.

@Xarly, if you are saying the truth, then adapt MTF. 
    Take away the very inept tasks ("use a striped hammer to win a striped candy" is like give me a dollar to win 5 cents), and the limit of 2 tasks a day.
    The 2 tiles are a bad joke, with your teammates blocking lines, you don't have many possibilities. 
    You want to make it a decent feature? maybe even a good one? Well, stop the "collect 6 stars", or "create 6 black balls". Sometimes, the game just does not want to give it to you. If you already have collected 5, you don't want to let it go, and may be stuck there for days.
    Ah, something else! connect PCs and phones. If I get 5 stars on my phone, and switch to the PC, usually because the phone is empty, the 4 stars I had don't count, I start from zilch. But if I quit and pick up "collect 200 yellow ones", the task, almost done, disappears from the phone. There is a lack of logic here.
    I understand you are caught between a rock and a hard place, but could you sound a bit less merry? We write "we hate it" and you answer "I've heard you, so we will continue just in the same direction and keep you happy". How do you think we feel? 
    As mentioned previously, this is exactly what they are focusing on. I should be able to update this week with new information. I do not challenge your tone or message (as long as it follows the house rules), as I understand you are your own individual. I expect the same from you towards me. I can see you are frustrated (both in this account and your other one, with @Anne_Martin) but what we do here is games. Games that are free to play and that are enjoyed by millions of people every day. We provide billions of hours of entertainment every month, and that is something I am very proud of being a part of. I will remain merry and cheerful, because I truly appreciate this Community and the game that it was built around.

Cheers,
    Xarly

• Bricorn
    Bricorn Posts: 518 Level 3
    Xarly, a question; 
    There are many posts complaining about the "only 2 tiles a day" part of Mr T, but I cannot remember the justification for it.

Forgive me if this has already been asked and answered (I'm not going back through 80 pages!) but why only 2 a day?
  • monnikhof
    monnikhof Posts: 5 Level 2
    I seem to have noticed that it is now 2 tiles a day FOR THE CURRENT BOARD. When I finish a board (off course singlehanded because only I play) using 2 tiles I get another 2 tiles in the new board (same day). Can anybody confirm this is how it works? Or is it only me (King makes it very difficult since players get different events, different versions of events, and (possibly) different rules.
  • candysodacrusher
    @monnikhof my board works the same as yours.
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Bricorn said:
    Xarly, a question; 
    There are many posts complaining about the "only 2 tiles a day" part of Mr T, but I cannot remember the justification for it.

Forgive me if this has already been asked and answered (I'm not going back through 80 pages!) but why only 2 a day?
    Hey @Bricorn ,

It's a good question (I might have answered that already, I can't remember either, 80 pages is a huge lot!). So nothing to forgive there. 

To your point, the reason for it was, in the beginning, so that everyone was encouraged to work together. Before people jump on to mark these words, I remark, in the beginning. The team is now aware that this is only limiting those highly engaged to keep progressing and is not something that is helping the team work together to fill the board. This is a situation that they are trying to tackle as we speak.

monnikhof said:
    I seem to have noticed that it is now 2 tiles a day FOR THE CURRENT BOARD. When I finish a board (off course singlehanded because only I play) using 2 tiles I get another 2 tiles in the new board (same day). Can anybody confirm this is how it works? Or is it only me (King makes it very difficult since players get different events, different versions of events, and (possibly) different rules.

I just asked the team about this, @monnikhof. As soon as I can, once I get an answer, I'll get back to you to see if this has or not always been the case and what's the approach moving forward (with the '2 tiles a day' rule in general).

Cheers,
    Xarly
  • Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 14,846 Soda Moderator
    @monnikhof  and @Xarly my board works the same. I even once had my board finished, I got a new board and I was lucky that a fellow player was also active and we could end a board again. Then I got a new board and could do 2 more tiles. Then wait another 24 hours.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?