What does orange soda do?

Options
Kasie
Kasie Posts: 32 Level 2
I've had orange soda a few times now and I thought I had it figured out, but not at the level I'm at (542). What are the conditions for it to have an effect on the frozen squares?

Answers

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 15,064 Soda Moderator
    Options
    There is no effect on the frozen squares. Orange soda does virtually nothing, unlike the green soda that makes fish and go for the frozen squares.
  • Kasie
    Options
    On the wiki fandom page it says: "After each move, every blocker in the soda including jelly cakes will be decreased by one layer (except licorice)." And I've noticed that sometimes the frozen squares lose a layer. But I still can't figure out when and why.
  • Kasie
    Options
    On the wiki fandom page it says: "After each move, every blocker in the soda including jelly cakes will be decreased by one layer (except Liquorice swirl)." And I've noticed that sometimes the frozen squares lose a layer after a play but more often than not they don't.

I'm confused!
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,687 Sweet Legend
    Options
    Hi @Kasie, welcome to our community.  I would like to take a moment to offer you a message for all newbies to learn more about our community which you can find here.  We always run contests so be sure to enter them for a chance to win gold bars.

I think it's just something that was added to the game mode.  I have seen them on some levels so it's got to be part of that type of game mode.

• Kasie
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome, @Elsa.  There's definitely a pattern behind the orange soda, I just haven't figured it out, and since it's not on that many levels, I haven't had (or spent) much time to do so. Of course, the pattern might have some randomness added to it too just to confuse/challenge players. But that's fine. Give me time or more levels and I might have it!
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,687 Sweet Legend
    Options
    Once you have it, please post back here so that we have your comments for future players.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?