New Feature: Soda Squad

Comments

• Bricorn
    Bricorn Posts: 518 Level 3
    Xarly said:
    Just when I start thinking the Mr. Toffee isn’t so bad (having completed a board with two most cooperative team members and followed up with completing a board all by myself) I am tossed back to reality with the next group.  
    All of this fake “team” nonsense is BS and completely unwanted by players of these games as evidenced by feedback here on the forum and many other review platforms.

@Xarly has yet to respond to my query about these “teammates” in regards to their actual existence.  Judging by all the feedback that I have seen there is no way that the “teammates” we are forced to be burdened with are actual players playing in real time.

@Xarly, please confirm or rightfully deny this...
    I'm quite shocked to see this question here, as I have been answering this to you multiple times here and on other threads.

I've never said these were not actual players, but rather the opposite (here and in Mr. Toffee's Fair). In fact, I have already asked you (and guess I have to ask you again) to stop spreading false information, @Dirty_Nurse.

Just to be clear for the last time: both teams on Mr. Toffee's Fair and the Soda Squad are real players. There is no bot, there are no fake players and there is no intend of manipulation here, regardless of how much you seem to look for it. These are players like yourself or like any other that are matched with you. Their behaviour and the balancing of teams is something we are looking into, as mentioned previously. It is very hard to balance teams out in a game where a player can perform in a certain way during one event of the Soda Squad and then perform completely different in the next one, hence the challenge for our balancing team.

Cheers,
    Xarly
    Bots wouldn't be so bloody stupid as some "team members". 😖
  • Sueabdullah
    Sueabdullah Posts: 1 Newbie
    Why after several weeks is the game still searching for soda squad team 
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Why after several weeks is the game still searching for soda squad team 
    Hi @Sueabdullah ,

Welcome to the Community. I'm sorry you have this happening to you! Have you checked your connection? We don't have any connectivity issues in terms of squad building outside of your case so please make sure that your device is well connected. If you need guidance with that, just create a new question under the Support tab and we will assist you.

Cheers and, once again, welcome!
    Xarly
  • zaioune
    zaioune Posts: 1 Newbie
    Hi,
    I have played more than 3 levels with 3 stars for each one, but I have got only 3 points in Soda Squad, and I don't get any daily point form this feature.
    Thank you.

• Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    @Xarly, for some reason it won’t let me quote your post, so I’d like to clarify why I have been repeatedly asking you if these players are real.

I’ve been playing games for a long time, both multiplayer and single-player, like this one.  These “teammates”, in this Farce feature and others across the 4 King games I play reek of pre-programmed gameplay.

I am fortunate enough to have not been burdened by the Farce - I still have the daily quests - but from following this thread I have seen that an extremely common occurrence is that the “teammates” act in completely nonsensical ways that defy any type of logic whatsoever.

All I’m asking for is a confirmation that the “teammates” players are forced to endure in this feature are actual real players in real time, able to see and react to your board as you select your tiles.  You have yet to acknowledge this simple question.  

In this thread or another about these various “team” features it was stated that the “teammates” we are burdened with are “based on data from real players”.

@Xarly, all I want is to know if actual other real players see the same board in real time that other players do, and can affect that particular board state. If you answer that simple question I promise you, I will not keep inquiring as to the veracity of the “teammates” we are stuck with against our will.
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    @Xarly, for some reason it won’t let me quote your post, so I’d like to clarify why I have been repeatedly asking you if these players are real.

I’ve been playing games for a long time, both multiplayer and single-player, like this one.  These “teammates”, in this Farce feature and others across the 4 King games I play reek of pre-programmed gameplay.

I am fortunate enough to have not been burdened by the Farce - I still have the daily quests - but from following this thread I have seen that an extremely common occurrence is that the “teammates” act in completely nonsensical ways that defy any type of logic whatsoever.

All I’m asking for is a confirmation that the “teammates” players are forced to endure in this feature are actual real players in real time, able to see and react to your board as you select your tiles.  You have yet to acknowledge this simple question.  

In this thread or another about these various “team” features it was stated that the “teammates” we are burdened with are “based on data from real players”.

@Xarly, all I want is to know if actual other real players see the same board in real time that other players do, and can affect that particular board state. If you answer that simple question I promise you, I will not keep inquiring as to the veracity of the “teammates” we are stuck with against our will.
    Hi @Dirty_Nurse,

Quotes are not working properly due to a small bug in the forum that we are trying to fix. As mentioned previously by another player, you should know that nonsensical behaviour applies way more to humans than it does to any pre-programmed bot. That should already give you the answer, but if that's not enough, I can confirm again that they see and experience the same game that you do, at the same time.

If you can point to any comment of mine saying they're "based on data from real players" I'll be happy to apologise, but so far the message has always been the same and as clear as it gets: your teammates are people like yourself, playing the game from a different place. This applies both for the Soda Squad and Mr. Toffee's Fair.

Cheers,
    Xarly
  • LizzyLemondrop
    LizzyLemondrop Posts: 805 Level 5
    I've been with about four teams now and each time only one other person is contributing. Between the two of us we are lucky to reach 500 points. When can I expect to be placed with a stronger team?
  • Yaz_Milani
    Yaz_Milani Posts: 204 Level 3
    Ok.. so today I started the game and received a notification regarding soda squad saying the more points you earn the more gold bars you receive as an individual. So... being my inquisitive self I put it to the test.. played and replayed many older levels. Earned many points and contributed to reaching 800. I didn’t get any gold bars, however I did get a couple of decent boosters... although I’m sure the rest of my team also received regardless of their input! 
    I would be grateful for some clarity on this @xarly
  • Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 14,586 Soda Moderator
    🤔 Never seen that notification, not even today when I started playing. My squad reached 320 points and got 15 minutes fish and the switch hand. No other boosters. So if it goes like this; the more points you collect the more gold bars that would mean to me that i will never get much gold. I can only collect points with new levels, because replaying old levels over and over again becomes very annoying and boring. 
  • LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    For all the work that has to be done team members who are active and make at least a certain number of points deserve some gold bars. Otherwise, it is much easier to  pick a tile or 2 on Mr Toffee for very similar rewards.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?