🏆 Show off your Soda skills, claim level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000 // 8000 // 9000 // 10 000 // 11 000 // 12 000 // 13 000

FINISHED - How many 10’s can you find? (10 gold bars at stake!)

Comments

• LizzyLemondrop
    LizzyLemondrop Posts: 805 Level 5
    I see some people are matching numbers in a V or Z like pattern. I assumed we were supposed to only count straight lines like in tic-tac-toe? Horizontal, vertical, or diagonal rows.
  • bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,941 Candy Moderator
    edited July 2019
    @LizzyLemondrop - it will be interesting to see what @Elsa says.  I was treating this puzzle similar to how the word challenges work in the AlphaBetty contests - where as long as they are connected (horizontally/vertically/diagonally) you can create the number. 
    However just in case my original version doesn't count - here's one with just straight lines (horizonal, vertical, diagonal) with numbers.

Here is my version where I can't turn corners etc. to get the numbers. Red = 9, Yellow = 11 Blue = 3 and Black = 2 for a total of 25

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,682 Sweet Legend
    edited July 2019
    I don’t think that it matters which way you go as long as it adds up to 10.
  • Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 14,886 Soda Moderator
    @Elsa So you’re saying as long the total is 10 you can make a horizontal, vertical and diagonal line in 1 sum? If that’s so, I’ll reconsider my answer 🤔
  • _Elsa_
    Yes it's just like a search a word puzzle.  Match horizontally, vertically, and diagonally.  I don't think it's going to matter who gets the most matches as much as how many players are contributing to this puzzle.  That's my opinion on it.  @Xarly might think different since he turned it into a contest.
  • candycrushinit
    candycrushinit Posts: 12,600 Level 5
    Thanks for tagging me about this @Elsa! I can’t wait to win more gold. This is going to take a while for me to figure it out but I’ll get it done by tomorrow. Happy counting!
  • debbielou
    debbielou Posts: 25 Level 2
    edited August 2019
     I finally have a final answer after a few tries.  Can't wait to see if I am right. I finally have a final answer after a few tries.  Can't wait to see if I am right. If this posts correctly. Hard time getting into paint and posting it here. We'll see!      10's.png           

10's.png 133.1K
  • demente42
    demente42 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited August 2019
    @Elsa It didn't specify if the 10's had to be in a straight line or just connected. I used red for all the 10's in a straight line and other colors for the connected but not straight line 10's. Sorry if it gets a bit confusing but there are lots of 10's if it is just connected squares.

• Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Elsa said:
    Yes it's just like a search a word puzzle.  Match horizontally, vertically, and diagonally.  I don't think it's going to matter who gets the most matches as much as how many players are contributing to this puzzle.  That's my opinion on it.  @Xarly might think different since he turned it into a contest.
    @Elsa, you make the calls regarding the mechanics, as it's your competition! (All I did was spice things up :tongue:)

It's on you as well to announce the end on the 8th of August and reach out to the winners! (Just make sure I'm aware so that I can grant the prizes :) )

Cheers to you all and keep the answers coming!
    Xarly
  • _Elsa_
    Ok guys, do your thing!  I'm not saying that the winner will be the one with the most.  Could be?  Could be not?  I want everyone to have fun!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?