Game crash

Options
Hellichen
Hellichen Posts: 1 Newbie
Hi,
I have long been using their apps Candy Crush Soda, Saga and friends on my Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini. But now all of these apps Crash if I want to use it.
Did I had to buy a new Phone? Sorry for my Bad English I only can speek german very good.

Answers

• firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend
    Options
    Hi @Hellichen and welcome to our adorable Community 😊 Each year the games are more demanding when it comes to devices and memories they require for the game to work properly. Your device seems quite old. Which version of Android is it running?
  • moniatito
    moniatito Posts: 5 Level 2
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I have exactly the same problem. About one month ago, after a candy crush saga update, the program (which runned very fluently until then) suddenly began to crash every time I try to start it. I unistalled and reinstalled candy crush saga but the problem continues. Thus I installed candy crush soda (which I didn't have). It runed without any problem... until yesterday when candy crush soda was updated and now it crashes too every time I try to run it. Is there a way to downgrade them to the previous version?
  • Mienchen
    Mienchen Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    The same here (S4). Android Version 4.4.2. Galaxy S2 4.4.4 ans S3 everything 4.1.2 okay!
  • moniatito
    Options
    It seems nobody cares...
  • QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,713 Community Manager
    Options
    Hi @moniatito and welcome to our Community 🙂

With improvements to graphics, sound and the addition of new features in our games, some older devices may not be able to handle the implemented changes. Performance may vary and crashing issues may disrupt the enjoyment of the game. 

On Android devices, our apps require OS 5 or higher. As a last resort, try re-installing the game, it usually fixes most issues (please note that any progress on the mobile device that has not been synchronized with Facebook/King account at this stage will be lost.

However, all the progress that is currently saved on Facebook/King account can easily be retrieved, once you have reconnected the device successfully). Regrettably, you will lose any saved boosters and messages. I would recommend using these up before re-installing, if possible.

If reinstalling did not help, get back to us with the following details so we can look into it:

- Model and iOS of your device: To find this follow these steps: Settings > General > About > Make a note of the "model" and the "version"

- Game app version: To find this follow these steps: Settings > General > Usage > Manage Storage > name of the game > Make a note of the version number

- Available storage space: To find this follow these steps: Settings > General > Usage in the right column. Under Storage, you will see the storage capacity of your device and how much you still have available.

Hope this helps :)

• moniatito
    Options
    Nope. I've reinstalled several times but it doesn't solve the problem. And regarding your questions:

- Model and iOS of your device: Galaxy Note 3. Android, version 4.3 (Kernel version 3.4.0-2019540)

- Game app version: Candy Crush Saga ver. 1.161.0.2

- Available storage space: 1.74 Gb (busy 30.26 of 32 Gb).

Error: "Native crash"

• moniatito
    Options
    I finally solved the problem downgrading Candy Crush Saga to version 1.158.1.1. This is the higher version that works with my device. You can find older versions stored in Uptodown.
  • QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,713 Community Manager
    Options
    I'm glad you're able to get back into your game however downgrading is not what we recommend as that means we no longer can support any issues that you may encounter because the device is no longer able to handle the updates.
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,695 Sweet Legend
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Hi guys, welcome to our community.  I would like to take a moment to offer you a message for all newbies to learn more about our community which you can find here.  We always run contests so be sure to enter them for a chance to win gold bars.
  • moniatito
    Options
    Well, QueenB, it is cheaper than buying a new device, specially when the one I have works perfectly and it was not cheap at all (the Samsung Note 3 was really expensive).

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?