What's happening in Soda in May? 🏖️🏹
🏆🏖️ Soda Summer Season is here!
🎉🥳New Accessibility features are coming to Soda!

🏆🏹 Claim your Soda Cup Badge!
Qualifers // Quarters // Semis // Finals

CANDY CRUSH SODA NOT connected to internet/can’t log out of FB

Options
KatieKrause3
KatieKrause3 Posts: 6 Level 2

Super frustrating. My game will open and play just fine but I can’t participate in races, etc as it says I’m not connected to the internet... which I clearly am. I have tried on two different wifis and all other apps are totally fine and working.

when I go to the home page to try logging out of FB— The logout Button is unclickable.

when I go to the FB page to see if that works and click to play it says link has expired ?!

I’m on an IOS iPhone / apple device. Please help if you know what to do. Been like this for 2 days now 😡

Best Answer

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 16,075 Candy Moderator
    edited March 2020 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @KatieKrause3 and welcome to our wonderful King community! I am sorry to hear that you are having this problem. First of all this is the Candy Crush Friends Page, so I will make sure this thread is moved to the Candy Crush Soda support page.

I just checked the Candy Crush Soda support page and I am not seeing this mentioned by other players (just wanted to make sure this wasn't a large issue affecting a lot of players).

I am not sure why you are getting the 'link has expired message', but when you try to log out from the home page - if the game doesn't think there is an internet connection it won't let you log out. I had this happen on an iPad once. I knew I had an internet connection and could do other things but couldn't get the game to work right. The games can be sensitive to the strength of the internet signal and if there is a temporary dip or interruption to the signal - it can cause a temporary glitch in your game.

Sometimes the game gets temporarily hung up and a few simple steps can help you out.  

Clear your cache.

Check your app update - App developers are giving their best to deliver a great experience to the users, which is why they are constantly working on improvements. If users complain about the issue, including freezing and crashing, developers will fix it with an update. That is why it is essential to regularly update all your apps or at least the ones you use daily.

Finally, shutdown the platform you are playing on for at least 20-30 seconds. Usually by doing these simple steps you can clear up a temporary problem you may be experiencing.

In my case - I finally ended up having to reinstall my game - but remember - if you do this you will lose all your lives and any saved boosters you may have!  This should only be done as a last resort.

Answers

• bearwithme
    edited March 2020 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @KatieKrause3 and welcome to our wonderful King community! I am sorry to hear that you are having this problem. First of all this is the Candy Crush Friends Page, so I will make sure this thread is moved to the Candy Crush Soda support page.

I just checked the Candy Crush Soda support page and I am not seeing this mentioned by other players (just wanted to make sure this wasn't a large issue affecting a lot of players).

I am not sure why you are getting the 'link has expired message', but when you try to log out from the home page - if the game doesn't think there is an internet connection it won't let you log out. I had this happen on an iPad once. I knew I had an internet connection and could do other things but couldn't get the game to work right. The games can be sensitive to the strength of the internet signal and if there is a temporary dip or interruption to the signal - it can cause a temporary glitch in your game.

Sometimes the game gets temporarily hung up and a few simple steps can help you out.  

Clear your cache.

Check your app update - App developers are giving their best to deliver a great experience to the users, which is why they are constantly working on improvements. If users complain about the issue, including freezing and crashing, developers will fix it with an update. That is why it is essential to regularly update all your apps or at least the ones you use daily.

Finally, shutdown the platform you are playing on for at least 20-30 seconds. Usually by doing these simple steps you can clear up a temporary problem you may be experiencing.

In my case - I finally ended up having to reinstall my game - but remember - if you do this you will lose all your lives and any saved boosters you may have!  This should only be done as a last resort.

• KatieKrause3
    Options

Thank you so much!! Sorry, learning how to navigate this community :)

• bearwithme
    Options

Not a problem @KatieKrause3 - it's easy enough to do. I did it myself several times in the beginning.

• KatieKrause3
    Options

One more thing! Where can I find this thread under support haha? Want to see if it got answered :)

• Pottay
    Pottay Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

My game is doing the same all week, tried everything except reinstalling it. Nothing is working

• Crazybasenjilady
    Crazybasenjilady Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options

This is day 2 and it is frustrating. Funny, it can connect to the internet if I want to buy stuff. If I don't get an answer today...tomorrow the DELETE button.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?