What about "pop ups"? The Soda Team wants your feedback!

uxer
uxer Posts: 16 Kingster
edited April 2020 in Discussions

Hi again guys!I

It is now time for another question from the Candy Crush Soda game team ☺️

This time we are curious about your experience in the game:

When you see a pop up in the game like: "Play this new feature or event" do you find it:

• Helpful and informative?
  • Annoying/distracting?
  • Does it make you want to play more or less?

Here is some examples of what we mean with a pop up:

Thanks for all your feedback it is helping us to build a better experience for you.

/uxer

Comments

• Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 24,688 Sweet Legend

Hello and greetings!

Nice to meet you. Can I help you somehow?

No, it's all good.

It's my sense of humor. Mr: I have fabrics and also the box with the key. Why a pop up? Or for the new players? I might see the other one when I go into the game. Thank you for the pop ups.

All the best and stay healthy, the German corner.♥🤗

• Spinnifix

@uxer

I have not received any pop ups. Since I have 2 functions.😕

• sarahmd
    sarahmd Posts: 62 Level 2

I appreciate pop ups because I know they give boosters! Gives me something to work for. The Key is Especially hard to get. I mean when stuck on a level and I’d like the free moves from balls that have different free moves at random. when a level is almost completed and you get free extra moves makes me keep going. Being stuck for too long makes you put the game down. So pop ups are helpful fun and take away frustratin.

• Spinnifix

@uxer

I am always happy about Pop Ups because you are informed and well informed and I am happy about what is coming. So always nice with the pop ups

Greetings to @Lilaq

• genemordeno2
    genemordeno2 Posts: 5 Level 2
    edited April 2020

*Edited by CM: off-topic*

• Origins7_Dale
    Origins7_Dale Posts: 3,551 Pro Player 👑

Hi @uxer,

More info, is always better. But things like this:

Level 5676 Nothing Showing For My Boosters! - Origins7 Dale

The above is from Candy Crush Saga. When I first saw it, thought it was a graphic "Glitch", but a player from King Community, pointed out, it was King taking away boosters before going into the level to play. The above is bad, it's also why I emailed support on this. How else am I to react to something like this? No warning, no instructions, just remove things?

Then there is this from Candy Crush Soda Saga - Mr. Toffee's Fair:

Mr. Toffee's Fair How to Play - Origins7 Dale

It is the way it is worded. I don't have a problem with it, but the newbies do.

It's the last line:

"You can only do 1 task at a time".

Pretty straightforward, however, newbies think you only get 1 task. Can't tell you how many times I see this, they do 1 task, then leave. That slows down the game, on getting our boosters.

Better is this:

"You get 2 tasks in a 24 hour period, but can only do 1 task at a time."

Just posted a false message on the "Space Race", then had to add a P.S. at the end, since I got it a few levels later.

*See this post!

Upcoming changes in Candy Crush Saga: Sugar Track, Build-a-bot, and more - Page 136 — King Community

https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/282027/upcoming-changes-in-candy-crush-saga-sugar-track-build-a-bot-and-more/p136

Sure "Pop Ups", are fine for the game, but not in your browser. 😀 We need clarity, details, etc...

*Stats of interest

I only use Win 10 Pro - PC, Desktop App, for now. Yes, current on all updates on it.

Win 10 Pro x64 - Version 1909 - OS Build 18363.778

Live in USA.

*On Candy Crush Soda Saga

v1.165.800.0 Modified on 4/2/2020 *No "Bubblegum hill" (BGH), with this update!

At end of game again, Level 4720

*On Candy Crush Saga

Candy Crush Saga Updated On - 4/8/2020

v1.1740.2.0 Modified 4/8/2020 *Waiting on "Space Race"!

*Been told, the "Space Race" runs only from "Late Thursday / Early Friday, Till Monday Early Hours."

Candy Crush Saga at Level 6126

Thx Origins7 Dale,

4/16/2020

• BeckyBubblegum
    BeckyBubblegum Posts: 536 Level 5

Hello, @uxer!

The only pop-up I take issue with is the one for Yeti's Golden Ticket offer. The ticket counter appears right where the road map is, so often I mistakenly click on that instead of the level I am trying to play.

Also, I've noticed that I am getting game tips while waiting for a level to start. Those are great for newbies, but as someone who has played well over 3000 levels, I don't need to be reminded how a Color Bomb is made. 😅

Thanks for the great question!

• LizzyLemondrop
    LizzyLemondrop Posts: 805 Level 5

Yeti's Golden Ticket can be bothersome for me too. I wish there was a way to close it faster, as it cuts into my time when I'm trying to unlock a chest from Treasure Goblin 🦇🗝️. I have to wait for the entire animation to go through before I can hit the close window button.

• Qr14
    Qr14 Posts: 1 Newbie

The Golden ticket offer one is annoying, especially when you are trying to take advantage of limited-time boosters!

• SexySarahAlways4
    SexySarahAlways4 Posts: 7 Level 2
    edited April 2020

I find the pop ups to be exciting really. It actually makes me want to keep playing . I love all the candy crush games you have out they are very addicting.

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?