Help! I cannot play in landscape mode (test ended)

Options

Comments

• Lola_Pop
    Lola_Pop Posts: 12,025 Community Manager
    Options

Hello @torsten01 !

I'm really sorry you feel like this. These errors that you write about should be solved by following these steps- it's very important you clear the cache. That doesn't mean there's any problem with your device, it can be related to some data stored in it.

About the landscape mode, @DizzyBee , @josephine2498 , @petgirl and @Vildyr , I don't have any news on when the test will end, but we are gathering your feedback and will let the team in the Studio know what you think about it.

Thanks! 🙏

• Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 24,699 Sweet Legend
    Options

Hi! @Lola_Pop & @LadyRaffie

When I read it like this, Candy Soda is testing a lot and there are connection problems. I don't quite understand it. The other legends do not test and everything is fine. It really doesn't sound like a good thing to me. Sorry I hope that everything will go back to normal and well soon.

Maybe you could explain it a bit more, please !!!

• ArtySin
    ArtySin Posts: 14 Level 2
    edited June 2020
    Options

@Lola_Pop So this ongoing so called test is still ongoing. I would have thought that the test results would have been reached by now. If this is a new feature then in a nutshell you guys completely fail to understand how an iPad or tablet works. You rotate and it’s in portrait or landscape mode to satisfy how you want to play the game. To make it portrait only removes the benefit of the customer option. From all the negative comments on here you seem to have completely forgotten the #1 rule in customer product enhancements. That rule being “Needs. Features and Benefits.” This portrait only mode is not what we need, it’s feature is not what allows us to decide in what mode we want to play and its benefit to the customer is a big fat zero, Your comments and feedback from the developers is what we need. At the moment all we are being told is that’s it’s a test. Sorry, I don’t believe that and like many others on here I have now stopped playing and play Farm Friends instead. At least that’s not running this so called test. Please tell us something that from an IT perspective is believable to maybe tell us the truth Thank you.

• Alaskagirl11
    Alaskagirl11 Posts: 9 Level 2
    Options

I play on an iPad which stays in its keyboard case in landscape. In addition to the periodic connection problems (no, it’s not my connection having problems when all my other devices and apps work fine but Candy Crush Soda refuses to connect) I cannot use it in portrait mode unless I remove it from the case and lay it flat on the desk. This is so frustrating. Who “tests” in production? This is sounding more and more like a problem that the Studio can’t find a fix for.... or an experiment to see how much will be tolerated. I created this account to be able to voice my opinion and say how frustrating this is. I do not play anywhere near the amount of time I played before this “experiment” started. And like another user, oftentimes I log in to get my daily boosters and then never play and I do NOT spend any money if I do play. And I’ve wasted multiple boosters because of how close they sit to the edge of the screen in portrait mode. I’m going to check out Farm Friends and if I find it or another game that is available in landscape mode, I’m done with all of the Candy Crush games from King if they refuse to share real information. Issues happen and problems do arise and that is understandable but to continue to call this a “test” or “experiment” after so many weeks is irresponsible and inconsiderate to the players who have spent time and money on this game.

I wonder what would happen if ALL players stopped spending ANY money on Candy Crush Soda??

• bellycat
    bellycat Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options

I don't have automatic updates enabled for my apps so that I can let others install and see their feedback before deciding to update or not. The fact that this change has been made in the background, server-side, without updating the app is underhand and poor practice. I work in IT deploying software and there is no way in hell we would deploy test applications to a live environment.

This company makes billions of dollars a year but seemingly can't afford to employ any decent IT staff.

• bellycat
    bellycat Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options

It's like they think everybody only uses a phone.

Don't think I've ever seen a keyboard case for an iPad that is attached in portrait mode. Anybody else? No? Didn't think so.

• ArtySin
    edited June 2020
    Options

You're right, they don't exist. I posted again stating that perhaps we should message (Edit: Personal Information) the CEO. He’s on Facebook but looks like they’ve deleted my message.

• claire2505
    claire2505 Posts: 22 Level 2
    Options

@Alaskagirl11 i agree with you and it’s the only reason I have created an account as well. You may have seen according to @Lola_Pop they would tell us if this was a bug they would tell us but I am not convinced at all.

• claire2505
    claire2505 Posts: 22 Level 2
    Options

@ArtySin they seem to be removing your comments, I wonder why! 🤓🤓

• ArtySin
    Options

@Alaskagirl11 @claire2505 teplied to you both but yet again they’ve deleted my message. Criticism not accepted by the look of things.

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?