🔥 Hot Right Now 🌶
💎 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 //

(COMPETITION FINISHED) Crack the Codes and win tons of Gold bars!

Comments

• phi1ar
    phi1ar Posts: 156 Level 3
    edited June 2019
    There are no brackets so I think it has to be solved from left to right making the answer 80.

The basic common knowledge, even you don't go to school제니퍼리
    50 - 5 X 2 = 30 
    12 + 5 x 2 = 22
    When solving a problem, multiplication and division always take precedence over addition and subtraction.

Comments
    phi1ar Posts: 126✭✭✭

*edited by CM - off topic*

ex)
     6 + 10 X 2 + 10 / 2 + 3 = 34

(6 +10) x 2 + 10 / 2 + 3 = 40

6 + 10 x 2 + 10 / (2 + 3) = 28

6 + 10 x (2 + 10) / 2 + 3 = 69

6 + 10 x (2 + 10) / (2 + 3) = 30

(6 + 10) x (2 + 10) / (2 + 1) = 64

• Chicken SlayerPosts: 9,011Superstar
      I got a high exam result in GCSE French. The most I can remember is Je suis desole, Sa va (and response) s'il vous plait and je m'appelle now and a couple of German phrases. 
      I also passed several exams in office skills a few years ago but seeing as I don't have office at home, I rarely use it so have forgotten most of it. 
      See where I am going with this haha. You don't have to be weak at maths just because you're English. My son is doing A level maths atm and all but one of my children are excellent at maths. we suspect the youngest takes after her dad for having the dyslexia version of maths but they are both very arty and creative. 
      Unless you use things a lot you tend to forget them, and as I don't use more than addition and subtraction regularly..I've forgotten everything I knew 30 years ago  

• Stefan_B
    Stefan_B Posts: 193 Level 3
    My answer is 30! Tricky with multiplication!
  • ruiva001
    ruiva001 Posts: 152 Level 3
    edited June 2019
    2139855480 Posts: 22 Level 2
    edited June 2019
    flew66 said:
    The basic common knowledge, even you don't go to school
    50 - 5 X 2 = 30  not 80
    12 + 5 x 2 = 22  not 34
    When solving a problem, multiplication and division always take precedence over addition and subtraction.

Comments
    phi1ar said  
    It's not discriminatory, 
    People in English are generally weak in math

ex) 

6 + 10 X 2 + 10 / 2 + 3 = 34

(6 +10) x 2 + 10 / 2 + 3 = 40

6 + 10 x 2 + 10 / (2 + 3) = 28

6 + 10 x (2 + 10) / 2 + 3 = 69

6 + 10 x (2 + 10) / (2 + 3) = 30

(6 + 10) x (2 + 10) / (2 + 1) = 64

Chicken slayer

I got a high exam result in GCSE French. The most I can remember is Je suis desole, Sa va (and response) s'il vous plait and je m'appelle now and a couple of German phrases. 
    I also passed several exams in office skills a few years ago but seeing as I don't have office at home, I rarely use it so have forgotten most of it. 
    See where I am going with this haha. You don't have to be weak at maths just because you're English. My son is doing A level maths atm and all but one of my children are excellent at maths. we suspect the youngest takes after her dad for having the dyslexia version of maths but they are both very arty and creative. 
    Unless you use things a lot you tend to forget them, and as I don't use more than addition and subtraction regularly..I've forgotten everything I knew 30 years ago   ~I got a high exam result in GCSE French. The most I can remember is Je suis desole, Sa va (and response) s'il vous plait and je m'appelle now and a couple of German phrases.
    Unless you use things a lot you tend to forget them, and as I don't use more than addition and subtraction regularly..I've forgotten everything I knew 30 years ago.

Thank you for the reminder though, I am not trawling though threads to find my answers again haha. 

• 제니퍼리
    제니퍼리 Posts: 124 Level 3
    When does it end?
  • phi1ar
    phi1ar Posts: 156 Level 3
    When does it end?

hopefully  today?

• Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Candy Moderator
  • disappointedbyking
    disappointedbyking Posts: 143 Level 3
  • mysticalmysty
    mysticalmysty Posts: 30,398 Crushing Legend
    Can I change my answer to 30 ?

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?