app crashing has something specifically associated with boosters.

Options
bjkeough
bjkeough Posts: 33 Level 2
I noticed that the app had been crashing every couple weeks, thus loosing all my boosters and accumulated life gifts, road block requests, beans, etc from Facebook friends. I had just been un installing the app and reluctantly starting over, ugh.  I always lose countless hours worth of gathering egg cracker boosters from doing quests along with my other boosters, etc.

I thought the crashing had something to do with my device or typical crashing because of whatever reason apps crash.  BUT, I noticed the app crashes around each time the app data reached a size of 260mb. This shows the player has saved up boosters and other game data stored from playing.  The app just crashed again and instead of uninstalling it I cleared the cache data and the app started working fine again.

So, it's obvious King has setup the app to intentionally crash once the player obtains to many boosters and lives, beans from FB friends, etc.

This is totally fraud.  Some people actually buy booster packs with their real money yet you store these on our devices so you can intentionally crash the app forcing us to get more.  

It's so obvious... When app data reaches 260mb ish, it crashes.  You don't need to uninstall and reinstall to fix it... Just clear your cache data (boosters, etc.) and magically the app is no longer broken.

I'm done with King.  I've only spent about $100 over all these years... Had fun, but learning you created your device apps to intentionally "crash" when it knows you have boosters is unethical.

Best Answer

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,375 Pet Rescue Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Unfortunately it’s not quite that clear cut. As I mentioned to you on another post, yes the game works better with less requests etc. We certainly don’t advise reinstalling the game just so you lose boosters. Reinstall is a last resort and is usually down to the device having issues with the app rather than the game itself. As big as King is, it has no control over devices! 
    If you read the troubleshooting you are advised to clear game cache, remove OTHER apps or anything that hogs memory first and the more memory your phone has the better. Meaning older devices will struggle more, not because of King but because every app maker has to cater for as many devices as they can starting with the latest. 
    You also mention paid for packages. The reasons why boosters are stored on your phone is so that you can use them while not being dependent on the internet. Unlike through Facebook, if things are earned offline they cannot be tracked. However every purchase you make, whether it’s extra moves, bars or boosters can be tracked. If you have purchased and lost due to a reinstall, they can be reimbursed but you would need to ask for the support team to be aware. It’s easily done :) 

Answers

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,375 Pet Rescue Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Unfortunately it’s not quite that clear cut. As I mentioned to you on another post, yes the game works better with less requests etc. We certainly don’t advise reinstalling the game just so you lose boosters. Reinstall is a last resort and is usually down to the device having issues with the app rather than the game itself. As big as King is, it has no control over devices! 
    If you read the troubleshooting you are advised to clear game cache, remove OTHER apps or anything that hogs memory first and the more memory your phone has the better. Meaning older devices will struggle more, not because of King but because every app maker has to cater for as many devices as they can starting with the latest. 
    You also mention paid for packages. The reasons why boosters are stored on your phone is so that you can use them while not being dependent on the internet. Unlike through Facebook, if things are earned offline they cannot be tracked. However every purchase you make, whether it’s extra moves, bars or boosters can be tracked. If you have purchased and lost due to a reinstall, they can be reimbursed but you would need to ask for the support team to be aware. It’s easily done :) 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?