Problems buying shovels

Options
Lady_Choo
Lady_Choo Posts: 24,587 Pet Rescue Moderator
Hi  @QueenB since updating to the new version my game was ok, then tonight I started having issues buying shovels. 
I have plenty of beans :P 
I did try restarting but no better, I just had to keep pressing it until it worked. 

Best Answer

Answers

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,748 Community Manager
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up @Chicken_Slayer!

Did you happen to get any error message or did the game just not react when you tried to buy shovels? 
  • Lady_Choo
    Options
    @QueenB It just said purchase unsuccessful and something about couldn't do it at this time. 
    I also reloaded. It was working again later on so not sure if it was a server issue or an update issue :( 
  • QueenB
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hmm... interesting 🧐

Yeah there might have been a temporary connection issue with the Store but I'll mention this to Support 😉
  • Lady_Choo
    Options
  • QueenB
    Options
    I've passed this on to the Studio but they are not able to reproduce this issue :(

They were wondering if you had cleared the cache and double check which browser you have used? 
  • Lady_Choo
    Options
    I use chrome @QueenB .....and tell them, even better, I switched it off and then on again. *rolls eyes* They are aware that I know all of this?  :p

I am no developer but I suspect that the reason its not going ahead is something is losing connection somewhere. And it wasn't my internet otherwise gameroom crashes. 
  • Lady_Choo
    Options
    @QueenB One thing I just discovered. When I went to buy shovels my lives had run out. That's when I got the issues. 
    I hope its just a glitch as even if I run out of lives I like to buy 3 shovels before closing down so I don't start with the free one. 
    Even when the timer counted down and gave me one just after, nothing doing.
    I will check later to see if it does it again. 
  • Lady_Choo
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Ok so another day another update. 
    Did you know that despite gameroom being part of Facebook, the game loads up like its on a new device? I could not buy ANY shovels tonight on gameroom which was really frustrating as I use FB to get away from all the rubbish. 
    I didn't know this until I loaded it up on Facebook itself. Not only could I buy shovels on there,  I could also do the daily bonus again which I had already collected on gameroom and I had 0 requests. Which was much better than the 400+ on gameroom. I also got all the descriptive text as though I had never played before. 
    Could this be something the studio need to know @QueenB I prefer gameroom and yes, I have cleared cache several times. 
    About to do cookies too. So progress and beans and gold is saved between the two formats, but shovels don't transfer so I assume boosters won't. (edit, I do have all my boosters on gameroom)
    But the funny thing is once I had loaded it on FB, the shovels worked again. This is very puzzling. 
  • Lady_Choo
    edited September 2019
    Options

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?