Tractor Dash

Options
ialsotoll4thee
ialsotoll4thee Posts: 1 Newbie
Why is it that I can only seem to win the prize offered in Tractor Dash if I am actually playing at the exact minute time expires for the event???
Feels like no matter how far ahead I am, it's all for nothing if a new 24hr. match starts the next time I'm in the game.
(heavy sigh)

Comments

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 32,835 Candy Moderator
    Options
    Hello @ialsotoll4thee Hearty Welcome to the Farm Heroes section of our friendly King Community :) 

I know the feeling and frustration!!  Because, I too am having the same issue everyday!!  The only work-around that I came up with is -- Keep a timer set to 10 minutes before the Tractor Dash ends.  Then, I keep the game open for those 10 minutes, so that I won't miss the prize.  

Just wondering...  Once the time ends, does the prize automatically appearing for you?  Because, it doesn't for me... I will have to open a level and play (win or loose) and go to the Map screen, then the prize appears!!  

I will inform our Farms Community In-charge about it and see if they can inquire with the Studio about it :+1: 

** IF you tap on "Type your Comment" box located below, you will be able to write back. 

Talk to you soon!  Have a great rest of the day/evening! 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Options
    I have also been having the same issue for quite some time. Setting a timer is a good idea, but I drive for a living. So it is not a safe (or legal) option for me. Also, the 24 hours doesn't always end at the same time everyday. Sometimes it is afternoon, late at night or any other time of day.

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 32,835 Candy Moderator
    Options
    Completely agree @Rancid :o 

That's one thing that annoys me very much -- not a specific time for the competition(!!) to begin!!  The new one should start as soon as we collect the reward and that does not happen!!

I play on iPad, that's why, it becomes possible for me to keep a timer on and/or keep the game open when the competition ends in odd hours!  And, yes!  Like you said, if we play on phones, that choice is not a safe one :( 

Hence the request for the team to find out about the glitch & do something about it!!

** Not sure if this comes in handy for you or not...  A trick I use... As soon as I collect the Tractor (when I win that is), I close the game immediately, then, open it again in my convenient time!  But there is only 50 - 50 chances for it to work :o  Did I make sense or confuse you?  
  • wafercookieflippers
    wafercookieflippers Posts: 4,637 Legend
    Options
    Hi @ialsotoll4thee (love your username!) @PummyRaj and @Rancid

I can't figure out how to trigger the tractor dash wins without starting a new one. If I am playing the game when it ends, sometimes I get the tractor bonus. However it seems like if I log in to play but am not actively playing levels, it just disappears. It does frustrate me because I use the boosters. Also now it has become a personal mission to collect this. 😕
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Options
    Firstly I understand you idea behind closing the app once you have collected the tractor. I do it myself sometimes. But I do not believe it would be practicable to have the race always start at a certain time for several reasons:
    #1 If everybody's race started at the same time (say noon GMT), then that would overload the server. Not good.
    #2 It would mean that some players would always miss out because they were in bed etc.

NOTE TO ALL!

It would be pointless adding to the list, as there would be lots of other reasons. We just want feedback from as many members as possible. That way the team would then have to look at this discussion seriously. I will tag @QueenB and see if this can be passed onto the team.

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,660 Community Manager
    Options
    I'll bring this up 😉

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?